Talk

Advanced search

Party legs

(6 Posts)
Durab Sat 17-Nov-12 20:27:48

I have two parties to go to this year, but unfortunately there's no question of anything new to wear, so, I shall be wearing and old Coast dress, which I love. Although it's from several season as ago, I think is classy yet slightly sexy (on a woman of 40+) and flattering for me. It's black jersey, fitted around the waist and bust,with a scoop neck and a flippy full skirt, just above the knee and handkerchief sleeves. Anyway I like it and that's what I'll be wearing.

For shoes, I have black knee high boots with a heel - the only vaguely dressy shoes I own that I could wear and dance in all evening, which I intend to do.

So I'm not really asking for opinions on the dress or boots, as I don't have a lot of choice, but I could probably stretch to some new tights, so fishnets, some other pattern, plain opaque or sheer, or bare legs and fake tan? Please? There's a gap of about 6 in between the top of the boots and the skirt.

Charliefox Sat 17-Nov-12 20:36:54

Sally Henson legs.

Durab Sat 17-Nov-12 20:50:19

Oooh I'd never heard of that, but have just Googled it and it sounds perfect. there's a lot of discussion about how the new formula isn't very good though, have they sorted that now?

Is it easy to apply well and does it really stay put, or am I going to have it all over my dress by then end of the evening?

milktraylady Sat 17-Nov-12 20:56:03

Hi Sally Hansen legs is amazing!
I sprayed on hands and then rubbed into legs evenly. ( can wear disposable hair dying gloves to save palms getting dyed too)
It sticks well, it won't come off on your dress.
In fact you can shower & it won't come off unless you scrub with shower gel!

Have a practice go a week or do before the first party to give yourself some confidence.

Enjoy lovely legs!

Durab Sat 17-Nov-12 21:56:15

Great, now what colour do I need? How light is light? For my face I generally need the lightest shade they do, should I stick with that?

Do you think it could be used on my chest too, or too heavy? That is where I do have some scarring to cover (old acne) my legs are Ok, but pasty white.

milktraylady Sat 17-Nov-12 22:31:19

Mine is golden glow. The label doesn't say but it does have tiny tiny sparkles in it.

Generally I am always the palest makeup colours & this one doesn't look daft on me, so I reckon you will be ok.

I'd give the chest a go, certainly on a trial run. I bet you will love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now