Talk

Advanced search

Wedding guest dress needed at 15 weeks pregnant. Help!

(6 Posts)
preggersbycheggers Sat 17-Nov-12 19:52:17

First time posting in S&B so please be gentle.

I am 12 weeks pregnant and am going to a wedding in 3 weeks. It's my 2nd baby so my tummy has popped out already and I feel like I am looking fat at the moment!

I went shopping today but my search for a dress was fruitless really. I am usually a size 10 so tried on a few size 12 dresses that seemed an ok fit.

Style wise I need something that is not black and falls on the knee. Not a short dress as I hate my knees! I am 5ft 4 and will wear heels. I would ideally like a dress that is a mulberry colour, navy or a deep purple. Like block colours and was thinking maybe something that flowed from under the boobs?

The wedding is taking place in a fairly posh place, so I need to dress up.

Can anyone help me please. Shopping today with my 17 month old in tow was an utter nightmare!! Combined with Christmas shoppers I was tearing my hair out!!

Awakeagain Sat 17-Nov-12 20:04:01

I got 2 maternity dresses from Asos for weddings (both reasonable price and no shoppers to contend with from home)
Also got 1 from h&m (been to 4 weddings and a christening this yr all whilst preggers!)

preggersbycheggers Sat 17-Nov-12 20:05:47

Thanks Awakeagain. I will check ASOS out. Was concerned a maternity dress would look too big on me just now? Guess I need to try them out.

Northernexile Sat 17-Nov-12 20:10:08

I had a lovely knee length teal dress from asos maternity last year. I got a couple of wears out of it at Christmas, however I was 30 weeks then.

If I were you at 15 weeks I would probably go for a cheapish dress in a size bigger rather than an out and out maternity dress I think. Dorothy Perkins had a couple of nice ones on here website last time I looked.

Awakeagain Sun 18-Nov-12 03:19:41

Dorothy Perkins has 25% off online til Sunday night
DPFWD at checkout (also in store too)

preggersbycheggers Sun 18-Nov-12 07:17:14

Thanks so much. Will check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now