Talk

Advanced search

Navy dress with black tights? Or different dress?!

(8 Posts)
milkybrew Fri 16-Nov-12 13:26:04

Will it look awful? confused
Choice of two dresses, navy with all over small floral print or burgundy jersey dress. Intend to wear with Black opaques, black shoe boots and a black blazer with cream cuff detail. Can't decide which to go with. Any opinions?!

suebfg Fri 16-Nov-12 15:33:41

I think the burgundy would look better. Navy can work with black tights but depends on the overall look I think.

FeuDeRussie Fri 16-Nov-12 15:39:46

Agree with suebfg navy dress can work with black tights sometimes, but depends on the dress - if it's got quite a busy, detailed print which dilutes the colour of the navy it sounds like it wouldn't quite work. A strong 'bright' plain navy with opaque tights works better (I think).

noddyholder Fri 16-Nov-12 17:09:55

I love navy with black

milkybrew Fri 16-Nov-12 18:38:48

Thanks for replies. The navy dress has tiny cream flowers all over. I initially was going for the burgundy dress but I feel self conscious in it-I never wear dresses and the jersey fabric is clingy! My DH thinks I'm mad and says the dress is a great fit. The navy dress is more floaty so it's the safer option in my mind! and I can wear my vest because I am flipping freezing all the time! Just not sure about navy dress, black everything else.

Beaverfeaver Fri 16-Nov-12 19:01:04

I bought a navy dress recently and wear it with burgundy tights

I also love navy with black, but adding a print into the equation might get in the way a bit. Have you tried it all on together? It would probably be fine.

milkybrew Fri 16-Nov-12 19:16:16

Tried all on with the burgundy dress but not had a chance to try on the navy yet. Will do in the morning once I can be bothered to iron the navy dress! Perhaps I best just go with the burgundy one? I'm so out of my comfort zone with dresses, I wear jeans or trousers all the time! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now