Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Im hoping to buy a party outfit from Tescos am I clutching at straws?

(7 Posts)
LightHousekeeping Thu 15-Nov-12 16:49:27

Honestly. I am going to an evening party on Saturday and Im working all the way through. All I can do is go to a giant Tescos on the way home or a tiny Dotty P's and New Look. Its not much to choose from. Ive got a pair of heels I can actually walk in. I have no clue what to look for. Even if I could find a sparkly cardigan it could jazz a plain cross over dress up? Ive no idea. Im a good size 14 and thats making it more difficult, everything is so high necked. Oh, I hate this last minute rushing to find something to wear.

MissWooWoo Thu 15-Nov-12 17:14:24

I'm sure you can!

Fred & Florence:

LBD

red lace

blue lace

Dorothy Perkins

another LBD

You could always order a few things online for next day delivery and send back any that you don't want?

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 15-Nov-12 17:16:12

Dotty P's has the Kardashian Kollection now...I thought I'd hate it but a friend wore a bandage dress from it last night, and that looked stunning.

(Note - they aren't the best clothes ever, not even close, but you'll probably find something party-ish if Tesco can't help).

cocolepew Thu 15-Nov-12 17:19:12

Tesco has sequin pencil skirts, they look nice online but I've not seen them in real life.

LightHousekeeping Thu 15-Nov-12 17:21:38

Im on nights so next day delivery would be no good for me. I only have a small Dotty P's so it has the minimum. Whats Tesco like for sizing?

MissWooWoo Thu 15-Nov-12 17:28:32

I couldn't say but I've bought clothes in Sainsbury and Asda before and I find them true to size if not a little on the bigger size - I'm a 14. Tesco may be the same?

notactuallyme Thu 15-Nov-12 17:30:28

Can't you take an outfit?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: