Talk

Advanced search

Bikini line - home waxing?

(9 Posts)
Cydonia Thu 15-Nov-12 00:09:38

Since having DS1 I have rather let myself go in the lady garden department. I decided to let it grow a bit then go and get it waxed, then I'd be able to take DS swimming without panicking about exposure. But of course I haven't been and now things are out of control. I don't know if I can face going to a salon, I've never had it done before and feel a bit embarrassed about how hairy I am! It seems to sprout from everywhere, even around the bottom area!

Soooo, does anyone do their own at home? Is it really difficult to do or painful? Or would hair remover be an option? I used to just tidy it up with a razor but was never that impressed with the results, or the spotty regrowth.
Please help!!

NewNames Thu 15-Nov-12 00:15:27

Don't do it! No no no.

Shave or salon. I did myself once and bled and bruised.

NewNames Thu 15-Nov-12 00:16:10

And salons have seen it all before. Trim if it makes you feel better but just get in there and they'll sort you out

Cydonia Thu 15-Nov-12 00:22:45

Oh god, not a good idea then! Will just have to bite the bullet and get it done properly. You'd think once you'd suffered the indignities of childbirth a simple bikini wax would be a walk in the park, wouldn't you?

NewNames Thu 15-Nov-12 00:27:51

You'll be fine! Take a painkiller first grin

Maybe start with a simple bikini wax and work your way up to a Brazilian.

If you go somewhere half decent they'll be friendly and polite and will protect your modesty!

I have been on my front and asked to pull my bum cheeks apart before blush They'll get right in there if you want them to

Cydonia Thu 15-Nov-12 00:31:41

I suppose you're right, it's what they do for a living after all. Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find a good place to go!

laptopwieldingharpy Thu 15-Nov-12 01:13:56

Get a lady shaver and trim it down to the minimum. Always keep it well trimmed. It will then be really easy for the salon to shape it. Tis their job.

Agree start with a simple wax down sides and then build it up to more when you are comfortable with the odd positions.

I go to a salon 2-3 times a year when its really necessary and maintain with cold wax strips at home to tidy up!

Laurarj84 Thu 15-Nov-12 02:11:38

I was going to start a thread about exactly this, I'm the same as you OP! Can someone tell us exactly what they do where you go please??

BonfireBaby Thu 15-Nov-12 06:32:16

Agree with others, fine to tidy up yourself at home with wax strips but get to the salon first - I don't know how you'd reach to do it yourself!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now