Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend me a perfume

(11 Posts)
IslaMann Wed 14-Nov-12 21:56:16

Sorry if this has been done before... Am getting married next April and really want a new perfume, something that will always remind me of our day when I smell it. I only ever wear the same 3 or 4 perfumes, and want something different. I usually wear Knowing by Estée Lauder, Beautiful by Estée Lauder and Angel by Thierry Mugler. Any suggestions please?

Joycey29 Wed 14-Nov-12 21:57:48

Acqua di Gioa

BeauNeidel Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:35

I've just bought La Vie est Belle by Lancome and love love love it. I'm not going to describe it because I have no idea what's in it, but it comes in a pretty bottle and smells pretty. Bit flowery I think.

That or Chanel Allure or Chance. And Bleu de Chanel for your husband to be - I would have got this for DH (we got married in June) but just couldn't justify the £££ unfortunately!

baconsandwich Wed 14-Nov-12 23:23:00

Origins ginger essence

AmazingDisgrace Wed 14-Nov-12 23:45:46

Laura Mercier do gorgeous perfumes, I got married in Neroli (and a dress)

lazydays2 Wed 14-Nov-12 23:48:07

Try Gucci Envy, not Envy Me, that a different scent all together, But Envy was lighter and flowerier than anything I would normally wear, but felt appropriate on my wedding day and still reminds me of it when I smell it nine years later,

EllenParsons Thu 15-Nov-12 00:55:04

Gucci Envy was discontinued some time back and now difficult to get hold of! sad I really like most of the Gucci perfumes I have tried and I find they last well. I like the magnolia one from the new flora garden, Gucci EDP ii is pretty nice, guilty is gorgeous but not really wedding-y IMO

BeauNeidel I have just bought la vie est belle too! It's so lovely. At first I thought it smelled so similar to flowerbomb (which I also really like). This is a gourmand sweet perfume like angel so if you like angel OP this may appeal.

DonaAna Thu 15-Nov-12 06:15:08

My choice would be something radiant and universally likeable like 24 Faubourg by Hermes, 31 Rue Cambon by Chanel or Le Parfum du Therese by Frederic Malle. I might not wear Angel or its variations because they are very love-hate

Eliza22 Thu 15-Nov-12 08:25:48

WHY did they discontinue the original Gucci Envy? I loved it.

I wear Lancôme Tresor. The Eau de Parfum. NOT, repeat NOT the Eau de Toilette (which IMO smells different somehow). It warms beautifully on me and when anyone says "what perfume are you wearing?" They're usually a bit surprised when I say Tresor. They've been trying the EDT, clearly!

BeauNeidel Thu 15-Nov-12 12:04:05

Ellen that's so funny you saying about Flowerbomb - I was in Boots collecting a prescription, gave my name and the woman just blurted out 'are you wearing Flowerbomb?!' then someone in work asked me the same thing! I've never even smelled Flowerbomb grin

Actually I love Spicebomb the men's one, for men or women it's gorgeous.

Actually despite the one's I recommended upthread, I wore Chanel Chance on my wedding day.

IsabelleRinging Thu 15-Nov-12 13:40:37

I wore Estee Lauder pleasures intense.

I think weddings call for something floral and romantic, but for winter something not too summery.

I would try Bvulgari Mon Jasmin Noir (the one i the white bottle).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now