Talk

Advanced search

Death warmed up - advice on colour!!

(10 Posts)
CountryBelle Tue 13-Nov-12 19:13:20

Help / advice please...

Natural strawberry blonde hair (now blonde - highlights), very pale skin, blue/grey eyes, bra strap length hair.

Have been getting my hair highlighted blonde (all the same shade) for about 15 years now.

Have recently noticed that my hair is making me look drained... really pale, tired, "grey" sort of complexion :-( Look like death warmed up basically!!

Think i need to warm up / brighten my colour, so have booked appointment with hairdresser for saturday. I've no idea what sort of colour to ask for though!

Can anyone advise me how to look "warmer" (have never had colours done or anything like that)

HellothisisJoanie Tue 13-Nov-12 19:16:03

wont your hairdresser tell you?

HellothisisJoanie Tue 13-Nov-12 19:16:31

also are you wearing a lot of black?

do you wear make up?
think about what colours you wear when people admire it. Those are the right colours

QueenieLovesEels Tue 13-Nov-12 19:19:01

Go Amber and bring it back into your natural range.

Look up seasonal colour analysis - spring. You should find colours to lift your complexion.

CountryBelle Tue 13-Nov-12 19:23:04

My normal hairdresser is booked out until the new year so im going to a different one as i cant stick waiting til then! Hopefully she'll be able to advise me.

Also need a new hairCUT - love long hair but it just seems to "hang" if u know what i mean.

Dont wear much black. Usually cream / navy / brown / plum colours. Clueless there too actually. Think i need a total overhaul - wardrobe busting full of clothes but nothing to wear!

QueenieLovesEels Tue 13-Nov-12 19:24:45

this sort of tone

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 19:27:21

I have your colouring. I lightened my hair in my 30s and it suited me but I am 40s now and have gone back to my natural strawberry colour and it makes a huge difference. I have fair skin and I suit neutral colours black if I am looking my best and bright greens reds blues look good for scarves. A very light fake tan transforms me which is a pita as its hassley to do but have been pale for ages now and finding red lipstick suits me again. Just go to a shop and try lots of things

noddyholder Tue 13-Nov-12 19:29:51

Mark ronsons wife has this colouring and always looks great

AgathaF Tue 13-Nov-12 19:31:56

I agree that you need to add some warm colour to it.

Itsafineline Tue 13-Nov-12 22:58:27

Hmmm - my daughter has your colouring and she is a winter. I would save the hairdo cash and go and get draped. It's difficult to self diagnose season at the best of times, but on-line, using words alone, its impossible. Anyway - they cover your hair when doing colour analysis, so you could have you hair changed but wear the wrong colours and still look a bit dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now