Talk

Advanced search

non stretch Jeans in a size 22

(8 Posts)
EntWife Tue 13-Nov-12 14:01:22

I am seriously going crazy. all I want is a simple pair of blue denim Jeans in a size 22. every where I looked all I can find is stretch. stretch don't work for me. they show of all the postpartum lumps and bumps I am trying to hide. I just want plain old denim. boot cut would be nice, skinny makes my legs look like over stuffed sausages.

please, somebody, if you know of any please out me out of my misery!

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Tue 13-Nov-12 14:04:17

Primark if you have a budget.

Gap do fabulous jeans as well.

valiumredhead Tue 13-Nov-12 15:19:54

Simply Be?

polyhymnia Tue 13-Nov-12 15:36:02

I'm your size and wouldn't dream of going for jeans without a bit of elastane in them, as I find it helps them fit and flatten where necessary. Wouldn't feel right in plain cotton at all.

Not all stretch jeans are equal. The ones I buy are NYDJ. As with other retailers, you have to pick and choose from their styles (I wouldn't just go for the few that John Lewis have, for example). I have them in both skinny and 'new' bootcut' style, mostly a very dark wash, with some black, and I personally find them unbeatable, if pricy.

FeuDeRussie Tue 13-Nov-12 15:40:16

Do Levis go up to 22? They seem to be pretty reliable for having non-stretch jeans. I agree, almost all jeans seem to have at least a bit of stretch these days. But also agree with polyhymnia - not all stretch jeans are created equal! I have some skinnies from Paige with 19% stretch and they are amazing. Perfect jeans.

QueenieLovesEels Tue 13-Nov-12 18:20:44

Regular and tall in size 22. If you go for blue size down and they will give you some support. Should sort out the lumps.

Think about the slim leg as these come up more straight leg and I think more flattering than bootcut.

bootcut

polyhymnia Tue 13-Nov-12 21:54:46

queenie do you mean the blue black one comes up large?

QueenieLovesEels Tue 13-Nov-12 22:02:00

Yes the blue/black ones do come up larger because they have more stretch in them than the black and stretch when worn so it is better to size down to have a more supportive fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now