Talk

Advanced search

These boots or these ones?

(9 Posts)
LtheWife Tue 13-Nov-12 12:53:26

So I had a bit of a splurge last week and with the help of a personal shopper bought my entire winter wardrobe in one go. The only thing I still need is a pair of ankle boots.

I've just had two pairs delivered and can't choose between them.

First up there's these in black (the photo of the tan pair shows the detail better though). A nice soft almost distressed matt leather, comfortable and look much nicer in the flesh.

Then there's these. Also comfortable, but seem to be cramming three trends (studded biker, cowboy and chelsea boot) in to one style.

The issue I have is the ankle width. Most of my jeans are slim leg with a couple of pairs of skinnies with ankle zips. The second boots have a much slimmer ankle than the first meaning all jeans need to be worn over the boots but they're a bit more interesting. The first pair are slightly wider, some of the jeans tuck in nicely, others need to be worn over the top, but the wider ankle gives the jeans an almost boot cut appearance which starts to make them look ever so slightly mum boots ish. Both pairs are just a bit too high to turn the jeans up and both pairs look ok with dresses worn with opaques.

What would you do?

ruby22 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:26:26

Jeans worn over ankle boots will make you look like Lulu. The first pair are by far the nicer but both styles can be found on the high street, try topshop Mighty boots or miss selfridge for far less money. Or even asos aggie boots if they still sell them. The first pair look more versatile.

dexter73 Tue 13-Nov-12 13:43:25

I like the second pair much more than the first. I would wear them with slim leg jeans over the top.

valiumredhead Tue 13-Nov-12 13:44:24

First ones, the second ones are hideous imo.

Holymoly321 Tue 13-Nov-12 15:56:29

I cannot understand the jeans over ankle boots look. I always wear mine rolled up so there is a smidgen of flesh between the boot and the jean. I really cant bear seeing jeans tucked into ankle boots. But maybe thats just me

Hopefully Tue 13-Nov-12 16:09:04

First ones, second are less versatile IMO.

Hopefully Tue 13-Nov-12 16:09:44

Although you don't sound like you love either. Return both and buy a cheaper version?

LtheWife Tue 13-Nov-12 17:09:52

You're right hopefully, as much as I wanted to love the studded ones, I don't think I actually love either of them. But I've not seen anything else yet that's made me want to order them to have a look.

That said, would it make a difference if I said my style was a little more Firetrap/All Saints? And that when I say jeans I mean predominately black, either coated, velvet or with zip detailing, grey or ox blood? I wouldn't wear either of them with blue jeans as I don't own any and don't intend to.

MrsYamada Tue 13-Nov-12 17:48:54

I really like the first ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now