Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a winter coat ....

(8 Posts)
suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 21:03:06

I've ordered and returned this week the Boden cosy parka (not thick enough) and the Joules Belmont.

I want a stylish winter coat that is warm and will withstand a good shower, will be suitable for wearing with jeans and that occasionally, I can get away with wearing to work.

Does such a thing exist?

MrsShrek3 Mon 12-Nov-12 21:08:29

ahhh we all want one of those. Do a search and there are several very good threads on this, in the last couple of months. I got mine [smug] wink
Good luck smile

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 21:09:22

I think I've read all the threads but still struggling. What do you have MrsShrek3?

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 21:10:17

I should say that I do like the look of some of the Barbour coats but the price is so steep and Barbour is everywhere at the moment

MrsShrek3 Mon 12-Nov-12 22:02:04

that was exactly the OP on a thread I started grin wink
I got a gorrrrgeous chocolate brown fleece lined bum-covering waterproof, I'm not usually a fur-round-hood person but this one has, and it's really toasty. I need it for standing on cold footie pitches all weekend cheering ds2 on!! I didn't get mine from here but you can see it - I paid £60 wink

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 22:08:26

What's the sizing on that like please MrsShrek3? I'm a 10/12 depending on the shop.

dreamingofsun Tue 13-Nov-12 09:19:22

i buy all my dog walking/watching football/rugby coats from lands end. when they are reduced (which is often). not really wearing to work coats, but they are warm/dry/strong and wash easily. ok so not trendy, but trendy doesn't protect you from elements.

MrsShrek3 Wed 14-Nov-12 22:58:40

sorry I disappeared for a hectic few days of rl... imho they come up the size you'd expect or very slightly smaller, I'm a size 10 and bought a 12, but I'm a wuss I left room for thick jumper or two underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now