Talk

Advanced search

Beads / Beaded necklace

(7 Posts)
LedaOfSparta Mon 12-Nov-12 14:25:04

Where can I find one that's neither Pandora or the hippy beads-on-a-string of my youth? I'd like a chunky versatile short-length necklace for everyday wear, maybe with semi-precious beads.

I'm really struggling to even find anything to link to to demonstrate what I mean! I like Monica Vinader jewellery but don't want anything as delicate.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cromwell44 Mon 12-Nov-12 16:00:04

I wear this sort of thing to work almost everyday to jazz up my plainish work wardrobe. I can usually find something nice in fatface, white stuff and indepedndant gift shops. If I like the range of gifts on sale I will often like th jewellary on offer. Places with lots of gift shops are a good place to look.

mrscumberbatch Mon 12-Nov-12 20:19:09

Ok. First choose what colours/stone you want. That'll refine your search quite a bit.

I'm having a turquoise and moonstone kind of day

blocks

ignore the boho tag- it's not. But it's naice

Or should we be thinking plainer again?

Should it be round beads or shaped beads or 'natural' cut beads (ie:irregular.)

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 20:54:20

I've found nice beaded necklaces at Boots and Morrisons for workwear.

cerealqueen Tue 13-Nov-12 00:23:21

Look on Folksy or Etsy?

snail1973 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:06:28

EAST. Their clothes are frumpy and grannyish but they are fab for chunky jewellery smile

SoldeInvierno Tue 13-Nov-12 22:19:17

my favourite online shop for that sort of necklace is Caradiaz. www.caradiaz.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now