Talk

Advanced search

Best every day knickers for no VPL

(21 Posts)
Dancealot Sun 11-Nov-12 22:37:27

Can anyone recommend some every day knickers that are pretty, comfy and don't give a VPL please? I have vowed to update my underway drawer after noticing I had a terrible VPL through leggings and a fitted jumper!

MissNJE Sun 11-Nov-12 22:38:39

VPL?

RonettePulaski Sun 11-Nov-12 22:39:24

I can't help but I'm watching

I'm still wearing the 6 pack I bought for postpartumness 4!!!! Bloody!!!!! Year!!!!! Ago!
shock

MissNJE Sun 11-Nov-12 22:39:37

Ah.. I see. I love the ones from Victoria's Secret. 3 for 24 quid and it looks like you wear nothing underneath.

cheeseandmushroomghostie Sun 11-Nov-12 22:40:16

Gap short-style ones are fab, very comfy.

NoWayNoHow Sun 11-Nov-12 22:41:16

I'm madly in love with Brazilian knickers. They sort of cover half your arse, so not as big as big pant, but not as stringy and cutty-in as a g-string.

They are smooth and don't cut into you, but are big enough that I don't have to deal with the HIDEOUS g-string wedgie.

BeckAndCall Sun 11-Nov-12 22:42:51

Can't help I'm afraid - I only wear Bridget jones granny pants - if it's any consolation, there is no VPL..... All the lines are much lower and higher up!

NoWayNoHow Sun 11-Nov-12 22:45:08

See, like this.

MsElleTow Sun 11-Nov-12 22:49:33

M&S do No VPL Cotton and Lace Brazillian knickers, 3 for £10. They are the most comfortable knickers I have ever owned. I did try to link, but for some reason my iPad won't let me!

MushroomSoup Sun 11-Nov-12 22:51:46

I agree - M&S no VPLs - 3 for a tenner, mix and match

RonettePulaski Sun 11-Nov-12 22:52:02

I fear the low cut from the granny knicker gives me an extra arse cheek, and I've enough allready

I do have some Braziliansbut they roll down over my paunch and collect unattractively in a roll around the narrowest part, in my 'second hip groove' iyswim

May be I need bigger ones sad

MushroomSoup Sun 11-Nov-12 22:52:24

MissNJE VPL - visible panty line!

themousetookastroll Sun 11-Nov-12 22:58:37

Another vote for m&s no vpl knickers - I've got two varieties, one low rise and one high rise (spanx light) and they are both great. I was advised to size up for the best fit.

strumpetpumpkin Mon 12-Nov-12 10:26:32

just dont wear leggings and a short top. Noone wants to see your arse even without vpl. I guarantee if you do, unless youre at the gym then pretty much everyone walking behind you will be thinking "put a skirt over the top"

As for vpl though, id suggest boy shorts but in a size bigger than you normally take.

strumpetpumpkin Mon 12-Nov-12 10:27:21

and if you wear lacy ones, then it will just look dimply like cellulite

Dancealot Mon 12-Nov-12 14:56:56

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations. I think I will try M&S tomorrow and see what I can pick up. I love the brazillian ones you linked to NoWayNoHow.

Strumpetpumpkin thanks for the advice, no way will I ever be seen wearing a short top and leggings, it would leave people permanently traumatised!

Stevie77 Mon 12-Nov-12 15:22:18

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the M&S Brazilian knickers. I find the errr... strategically placed additional stitching quite annoying (though I am very princess and the pea like with somethings). They are comfier than G string so worth a try.

Hopefully Mon 12-Nov-12 15:38:28

I buy these ones for cheapo invisible pants (Lejaby ones are way nicer, but much more £££)> Make sure they are big enough - I find pants are the one area that don't vanity size. I am a 10 in most shops and need a 12 (in M&S pants), sometimes a 14 (in 'nice' pants) to avoid digging in.

HellothisisJoanie Mon 12-Nov-12 18:37:35

Ronette, think you need to go up a size

mamijacacalys Mon 12-Nov-12 19:22:28

M&S no VPL.
Always size up for comfort and to allow for washing shrinkage.
HTH smile

hokeycakey Mon 12-Nov-12 21:38:56

Sainsburys tu actually do lovely no vpl pants in loads of different colours 3 for £8 they are brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now