Talk

Advanced search

patterned or coloured tights - yay or nay?

(6 Posts)
superdeeduper Sun 11-Nov-12 17:29:49

I am going to my graduation soon where we are required to dress quite formally under the gowns. I have gone for black shift dress with black wedges but wondered if I should go for opaques or something to jazz things up a bit. Are patterned tights a bit naff?should I just play it safe with black opaques? What do you guys think?

mirpuppet Sun 11-Nov-12 17:37:28

All depends on the pattern and colours.

Congratulations -- dress so you feel fabulous!

BeauNeidel Sun 11-Nov-12 17:40:41

I like patterned and coloured tights. Particularly blue!

If you are required to be formal, I would say stick to black though. Although at my graduation one girl showed up in white linen slacks and flip flops!

MooncupGoddess Sun 11-Nov-12 17:45:18

For graduation I would stick to black tights, but get ones with a pattern rather than plain opaques - having diamond pattern/lace effect etc will give your outfit a lift without standing out too much.

superdeeduper Sun 11-Nov-12 17:47:50

Thanks. Think I will go for something with a pattern then to give it a lift. Now, where is the best place to buy them?!!

Celticlassie Sun 11-Nov-12 17:48:08

I would wear patterned (black) tights and fab heels. I was a bit jealous of those who went a bit away from the standard uniform of black skirt, white shirt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now