Talk

Advanced search

Best style of boots for short legs and slightly chunky calves?

(7 Posts)
happyhorse Sun 11-Nov-12 10:40:41

I can't seem to find anything that looks right on me. I mainly wear jeans, straight or skinny, but also want boots that would look good with opaque tights and dresses. I also need to be able to walk in them.

Can anyone give me some pointers so that I don't end up looking frumpy or ridiculously try hard?

deweydells Sun 11-Nov-12 12:58:47

marking my place - am also interested in this!

colditz Sun 11-Nov-12 12:59:12

Cowboy boots?

RikersBeard Sun 11-Nov-12 13:12:30

I think the current ankle boot trend is not helpful to those who are short/chunky of leg. Anything which chops them off makes them look shorter.

IMHO long boots work better, especially with a heel, and very especially if worn with tights of the same colour as the boot. With jeans it's not such a problem, but I also think it helps if the boots have a bit of bulk to them, from a turnover, straps etc. as it makes it look like the bulk is from the boot not your legsmile

Slim flats, or dark ankles worn with bare/pale legs not good.

happyhorse Sun 11-Nov-12 17:23:24

Thanks Rikersbeard (love the name, I'm more of a Picard's bald head girl myself). I shall take on board the chunky boot advice and go for as much of a heel as I can walk in.

mirpuppet Sun 11-Nov-12 18:01:07

I agree not ankle boots -- unless worn with jeans or trousers.

doublenougat Sun 11-Nov-12 18:15:07

shoeboots, with tights the same colour, might be the answer
for more dressy occasions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now