Talk

Advanced search

bareMinerals - does it do what it says on the tin?

(6 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Nov-12 00:34:15

I know they say "make-up so pure you can sleep in it",
And you need to use the Swirl,Tap,Buff method.

Is it worth a try?
I'm thinking of winter to protect my skin and make my face look a bit cared for without looking like I've tried too hard.

I'm 46. I don't wear foundation. Sometimes Laura Geller powder base if I'm making an effort blush

There's a QVC kit I'm looking at.

Any B.M. fans out there?

smile

birthdaypanic Sun 11-Nov-12 00:42:48

I love mine only wear it in winter in summer I prefer natural tanned look ( I tan easily ). Took a bit of practise to get the amount used right you really do only use very small amount. I do use garnier bb underneath to help hide my dark age spots. I definitaley recommend it.

wickedfairy Sun 11-Nov-12 06:37:05

I wear it and like it, I do find that you definitely need a primer under the foundation or it looks powdery and settles in any wrinkles. I use one from the gosh range in super drug, it's about 12 quid and lasts about a year.

The tap and buff thing is strange but works, apparently the more you do it, the heavier the coverage without using more product. Bizarrely it works, no idea how! I like it, makes me look nice and healthy and people comment, I don't wear a lot.

LornaEds Sun 11-Nov-12 09:11:58

i have rosacea and absolutely love Bare Minerals make up. it is the only foundation I have used which manages to cover up my red patches without looking like it has been put it on with a trowel! Great, natural looking make up yet good coverage. I don't like the BM primer personally, don't really need it as long as I have moisturised well before applying the foundation.

gregssausageroll Sun 11-Nov-12 09:38:10

Yes, it is good. Buying from qvc means you can return it if you don't like it.

valiumredhead Sun 11-Nov-12 10:54:09

Yep it's fab, but I would go to a counter and get properly 'done' if it's your first time as there is a certain knack to it. The Bisque concealor is my all time favourite product. Also colour matching is harder than they make out on QCV and they don't stock a huge range of colours iirc.

Once you know your colours ebay is the best place for foundations - I pay a tenner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now