Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find Black riding-style boots for slim calves?

(11 Posts)
Millie1 Sat 10-Nov-12 21:28:18

Apart from Duo? I ordered a pair from there and they were a really bad fit - fine on the calves but oddly baggy (and wrinkly) around the ankles. I tried a lovely pair on in a local shoe shop today - great on the calf but caught the back of my heel so I regretfully walked away.

Any recommendations please? And I really am slim of calf grin!

MuddyWellyNelly Sat 10-Nov-12 21:35:44

Oh well when I saw your title I was going to post and say Duo! I too am mega skinny of the leg, and indeed the ankle, and I have 2 pairs of Duo boots that are both a beautiful fit. I have to say I searched for basically 2 years and never found a pair that fitted properly. I did go into the store and get fitted for them though, before I ordered.

Jalopeno Sat 10-Nov-12 21:40:25

www.thebootmakers.com

I got a pair of riding boots from them two years ago and they haven't wrinkled.

suebfg Sat 10-Nov-12 21:41:31

Have a look at Episode boots - I was reading some reviews on the House of Fraser website and they seemed to be for a slim calf. (Mine are from Duo though)

Millie1 Sat 10-Nov-12 22:27:25

Thanks all. I also have two pairs from Duo and they're great. Actually, I tell a
Ie, I bought the black pair too tight on the calf shock which is why I want to replace them. These aren't such good quality which is a pity.

Will go and have a look at HoF and the Bootmaker - thanks!

Millie1 Sat 10-Nov-12 23:00:15

Uhoh, I do wish you hadn't sent me to HoF - found a lovely LK Bennett pair, just what I want but £££ grin

suebfg Mon 12-Nov-12 12:07:24

I've just bought some Dune ones from John Lewis and am returning them as the calves are slightly too narrow (and I have Duo). Might be worth a try

DonaAna Mon 12-Nov-12 12:49:12

2nd The Bootmakers. They made a terrific bespoke pair of black riding boots for me.

milkybrew Mon 12-Nov-12 12:55:44

I tried on some boots in dune, called tolworth. They were slim fitting and they zip up the back. The assistant said they don't suit everyone as they are often to tight for people to zip up! Might be worth a look.

Millie1 Sat 17-Nov-12 21:24:36

Ooops I bought these. blush. I did start today buying a Dune pair in HoF but they weren't quite the riding boot I was after. So I just happened to come across an LKB store shock and had to try them on. They're just gorgeous. Returned the HoF pair an hour after I bought them grin

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Eggs Sat 17-Nov-12 22:29:02

Hobbs - I have thin calves and got lovely black ones two years ago. Still going stong. I think they are their signature style so for then every year .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now