Talk

Advanced search

Bump v Cashmere Dress v Rememberance Day..........

(5 Posts)
JRsandCoffee Sat 10-Nov-12 20:29:21

OK, so last night I lent the black wook mix dress that I'd been planning to allow my nearly 35 week bump into for RD tomorrow to my friend. She went off looking beautifully slender belted into it with a lovely broad black belt pulling in the extra fabric that was going to accomodate my bump......sob! Anyway, her need was much greater than mine for various reasons so returned to the wardrobe drawing board this morning.

I got out of it's moth bag and put on a black cashmere dress I've had for about 8 years, I love it and don't want to ruin it, it has lasted so well!! However, it looked pretty good (almost slimming from the front) and felt really warm and comfy, marvellous for the standing around bits of the proceedings.......BUT it is long straight tube like design so no spare fabric. So, question is do you think it will stretch horribly if I just put it on for a few hours or do you think a quick wash will fix it and I'll get away with it? Any experience of the wool destroying (or not) qualities of the bump gratefully recieved.....

chocolateteabag Sat 10-Nov-12 20:48:59

I wore some of my jumpers regularly when pg with DS and ruined them, but then I wore them over and over without washing in between. I think you'll get away with just one day - maybe try a little steam to reshape if needed? And don't rub your tummy.

Hopefully Sat 10-Nov-12 20:51:18

I would wear it, would be v surprised if it was ruined after 1 wearing with bump.

scripsi Sat 10-Nov-12 21:06:35

I would also wear it - I have various long suffering bump accommodating cashmere tunics.

JRsandCoffee Sat 10-Nov-12 21:15:14

Thanks ladies, will wear it and enjoy both the warmth! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now