Talk

Advanced search

Tips for the Babyliss big hair please

(10 Posts)
marleybrodie Sat 10-Nov-12 16:02:20

Well I went and got one today.
Washing hair then will leave till 80% dry
Any tips 'cos I know you have all got one.

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 18:23:05

1. If you have curly hair, you might find you need to straighten the roots once dry, as I find the tension is not high enough to get the frizz out.

2. Make sure hair is pretty much dry, then dampen with a hair protector spray.

3. Really good for straightened hair, you can plump it up with the BBBH so there's a bit of volume!

marleybrodie Sat 10-Nov-12 20:26:23

Yes I have curly hair.....thats really why I bought it I want to stop using straightners.
Have used it -not really impressed but first time so will give it a few more attempts.

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 21:47:59

It took a lot longer than I was expecting and tbh I find it much better on already straightened or tonged second-day hair. If I just use the BBH I find it looks fabulous for about half an hour and then it goes frizzy. This doesn't happen when I blow dry with a brush and hairdryer so I can only assume the tension and heat aren't high enough.

Cybbo Sat 10-Nov-12 22:31:52

I use mine on dry hair that gone frizzy or needs a pep up the day after.

Don't make it spin too much or you'll create dreadlock things. Spraying sections with heat stuff makes it stay in longer.

Themilkybarisonme Sat 10-Nov-12 22:53:35

I've been thinking about asking for one for Christmas. I have dry, frizzy hair and usually use a directional nozzle on a hair dryer and a ceramic barrelled brush. Should I bother, do you think?

YourCallIsImportant Sat 10-Nov-12 22:59:59

I blast my hair with a normal hair dryer for a couple of minutes and then when my hair is still damp, use the Big Hair. It's great.

JennyPiccolo Sat 10-Nov-12 23:01:14

There's some good tutorials on YouTube.

AutumnGlory Sat 10-Nov-12 23:55:39

My hair is really curly and messy and I find it great. My tip is to take your time to divide your hair in sections and start from the back. It takes a bit long but for me is easier, cheaper and quicker than going to the hairdressers so I don't mind.

MrsHoolie Sun 11-Nov-12 08:26:50

Definitely look on You Tube.
It took me a few attempts to get to grips with it. When I do use it people always ask if I've been to the hairdressers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now