Talk

Advanced search

Those of you that like coconut oil....

(6 Posts)
BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 14:16:49

....have you tried whipping it? Have seen it on various blogs like this one and it seems like a good idea as I'm always ruining my nails trying to get the blimmin stuff out!

Haven't done it yet myself, will try it later and report back!

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 16:25:38

I have tried it and it's BRILLIANT! No more digging rock solid coconut oil out of the tub, I just whisked it with an electric whisk for a few minutes and it's now a lot more moussey, easier to spread and more easily absorbed. Just used the Superdrug cheapy stuff as well.

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 10-Nov-12 16:28:54

Good idea. I wil be trying it I love my cconut oil and hate digging it out.

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 17:08:57

It's a revelation Brandy! It means I can use it in my baltic bathroom without having to take a spoon upstairs with me lol

InNeedOfBrandy Sat 10-Nov-12 17:14:43

I find if I rub it I can melt it enough to scoop out, Whisking looks so much easier.

Do you cook with it to? It's a great fat burner apparently but I haven't tried yet.

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 18:34:00

I haven't tried it because I've only ever bought the cheapy stuff before. I might try it though, you can get the unscented stuff which is good for everything apparently!

Am searching the web for ideas but they're all a bit.......American weirdy sites!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now