Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wine chunky-ish knit, have you found a great one?

(12 Posts)
cathyandclaire Sat 10-Nov-12 10:09:14

On the hunt for knitwear in wine/burgundy/plum. I'm v small so anything too chunky or boxy makes me look square. Don't mind about the neckline crew/ roll/ whatever...
Want it to look relaxed but slim if that makes sense... Does it exist? No more than £60ish ( but hopefully less!) if you've seen one please put me out of my misery!!! Thanks smile

cathyandclaire Sat 10-Nov-12 15:13:34

Quick shameless bump!

permaquandry Sat 10-Nov-12 15:22:47

Topshpop have 2 exactly as you describe. Both chunky, 1 supersoft. The only thing that put me off is the bobbling potential. Go on-line, they have them. Good luck.

Meggles76 Sat 10-Nov-12 15:24:25

Topshop grunge jumper in aubergine. Just received it today. V small like you so just trying to decide if it works on me. £36

M&S have some nice cashmere knits in burgundy though maybe slightly over budget.

permaquandry Sat 10-Nov-12 15:28:28

Topshpop have 2 exactly as you describe. Both chunky, 1 supersoft. The only thing that put me off is the bobbling potential. Go on-line, they have them. Good luck.

cathyandclaire Sat 10-Nov-12 18:26:36

Thanks so much...I had kind of seen the topshop jumpers but walked on by as I have an irrational hatred of anything that looks remotely waffle-knit (all the dodgy boys at school used to wear them as school jumpers.) But it does look lovely in that picture, may venture in and try it on.

Meggles76 Sat 10-Nov-12 20:20:31

Alas, I have decided that the Topshop one does little for my petite frame. Back it goes.

cathyandclaire Sun 11-Nov-12 00:00:13

Oh no...that isn't promising for my petite frame either. Any small girls who have found fabulous knitwear please post here!!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Nov-12 00:26:18

I got a cable knit wool mix from Sainsbury a couple of weeks back (IIRC about £18)

In a dark raspberry rather than wine, but very nice and soft.

Meggles76 Sun 11-Nov-12 00:26:25

I think it's the waffle style knit that's not helping. That and the face DH pulled when he saw me in it! Will keep trawling and report back.

JellyBellies Sun 11-Nov-12 00:29:12

Debenham has dome nice knits in their own brand stuff. In purple too. Will try to find a link.

ChablisLover Sun 11-Nov-12 07:15:03

H&m do a nice one. Think it's about £10 with all the discounts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now