Talk

Advanced search

I have joined the OCM-ers!

(4 Posts)
Whenisitmysleepytime Sat 10-Nov-12 08:15:22

I did it last night to remove my makeup/ cleanse.
My skin has been irritatingly sensitive since dd arrived 18months ago and I had stopped wearing makeup almost as cleansing was irritating my skin.

It was fab!
Everything came off, including my mascara. And I know this because the sink was disgusting! shock

I just used evoo as a) I couldn't find any castor oil and b) my skin tends towards dry patches in winter so I thought I'd air on the side of caution. Oh and one of the dc's luxurious grubby looking but clean flannels.

Is there anything else I need or should be doing as part of the OCM? So far it's been -rub face with evoo, use hit damp flannel to remove, but slowly so my pores opened (?) and so I wasn't scrubbing either.

I think I am a convert! grin

Whenisitmysleepytime Sat 10-Nov-12 20:24:17

Bump! smile

Tell me if I'm missing something before I go take my make up off tonight! smile

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 20:30:20

When I do it, I massage oil all over my face and take a good few minutes. I then soak my flannel in hot water and wipe to get all the surface gunk off. Then I re-massage for a couple of minutes, soak the flannel again and drape over my face to open up my pores. Then I slowly massage my face with the hot wet cloth in small circles. Really cleans - although I have a very red face afterwards!

I like a drop of tea tree oil in the oil as well, both for anti bac properties and because I like the smell. You still need something to moisturise afterward - I found just oil wasn't cutting it and used Imperialis by Lush as it was all natural.

Whenisitmysleepytime Sat 10-Nov-12 20:39:24

Thanks beau! smile

My skin felt pretty good last night but maybe I hadn't removed all the oil! confused

I'm still moisturising with Olay 7 signs every day and night cream when I remember I haven't really looked for a different moisturiser as I like that it doesn't block my pores and has an SPF.

I'll have another massage tonight and see if I can get an more oil off. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now