Talk

Advanced search

Tankini for DD (5)

(9 Posts)
isw Fri 09-Nov-12 22:07:56

Please help me DD is really long and skinny, tankinis are brillant as she can get the length she need without the extra width (which means she ends up exposing herself. She swims loads and is about worn through her current ones (purple hello kitty from tesco)
Has anyone seen any tankinis that cover the tummy (so she can wear for school) in a colour that suit her red hair. I have been googling all evening and NOTHING sad

lljkk Sat 10-Nov-12 10:48:08

Gawd you're right, I just had a quick looking trying to find the one DD had & any that were similar seem to be discontinued/Out of Stock.

We got DD's at a large swimming pool centre.
I think your best bet is to go to a good shop in your area that tends to have a large selection.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 10-Nov-12 12:06:19

argos?

isw Sat 10-Nov-12 21:24:13

I didn't even know Argos did swimwear! Not great with her colouring but if I can't find anything else it might have to do - thank you!
Have been looking in shops but all seem to have been hidden to make way for Christmas stuff.

mejon Sat 10-Nov-12 21:30:27

Lands End? There's not much on the main site but quite a few mix and match pieces on the sale/outlet part.

kilmuir Sat 10-Nov-12 22:06:29

ebay?

FionaJT Sat 10-Nov-12 22:10:34

Not really answering your question exactly as I don't know if they'd have a tankini, but my dd is very long & skinny and I always find Sainsbury's clothes in general are a great fit for her shape. She's currently using a swimsuit from there for school swimming.

Startail Sat 10-Nov-12 22:20:30

[http://www.lioninthesun.com/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=Tankini lion in the sun]

I've had UV jackets for me and the DDs and a sun T shirt off this lot which have been great all lasted several Spanish holidays without fading. No Idea about their wear.
DDs tank is from M&S, but they won't have them now.

Startail Sat 10-Nov-12 22:23:00

lion in the sun
sorry I usually get links right, it's just spelling I can't cope with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now