Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear under a sheer blouse?

(20 Posts)
WildThong Fri 09-Nov-12 21:39:53

I bought a lovely bottle green sheer blouse today, but should I wear a camisole under it? If yes, then have you seen a dark green silky cami anywhere please?

TIA

Charliefox Fri 09-Nov-12 21:42:24

Thank god someone has asked this question. I always wonder the same. I guess the answer is yes, a cami but will wait to see if the great and good can give a definitive answer.

dexter73 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:45:53

I would wear any dark colour vest under it - grey, black, navy, green...

beachyhead Fri 09-Nov-12 21:45:55

I tend to wear a vest top rather than a silky one, otherwise the two silky tops sort of float around together iykwim... And under green you could get away with a brown or black vest.

waitingtobeamummy Fri 09-Nov-12 21:47:16

I wear a thin strapped lycra-ish vest top in wither the same colour or black. because it gives me a nice shape under the top rather than a looser camisole.

GwennieF Fri 09-Nov-12 21:48:02

I'd go for a nude vest - M&S do them and they're pretty versatile...

littleanne73 Fri 09-Nov-12 21:48:16

Good old Primark do a fab range of coloured camisoles (though they aren't silky), I was lost til I discovered them! I am too old to go without, and a little overweight sad but if you look and feel good without then go for it!

BloooCowWonders Fri 09-Nov-12 22:03:02

Choose a colour vest/ cami that you have a matching bra for. I spent last night weirdly irritated by a woman sitting in front of me with a fab sheer red blouse and cami, spoilt by bright white bra straps showing through. smile

PandaG Fri 09-Nov-12 22:07:36

cami with lycra in. Sainsburys have a twin pack, 1 cream, one dark grey atm, go under most colours

WildThong Fri 09-Nov-12 22:43:48

Thanks everyone, good ideas here.

louise2011 Fri 09-Nov-12 22:47:26

Wildthong where is your blouse from- sounds lovely. Might copy wink

GoingToBedfordshire Fri 09-Nov-12 22:53:10

H and M do a decent vest, part of their shapewear. Couldn't find it online to do a link, but I bought one in store last week for a tenner to wear under a silk shirt.

Startail Fri 09-Nov-12 22:54:36

DD1 would second Primark, huge range of colours. She bought a shear top with an orange patten on cream. She joked it need an orange cami, but that wouldn't be easy.

Primark had exactly the right colour for £2.99 and it's beautiful feeling cotton too.

Top however is in my ironing heap [Blush]

Startail Fri 09-Nov-12 22:56:58

oh socks, blush B doesn't work

cathyandclaire Fri 09-Nov-12 23:14:55

Zara do a good green one that I wear under my sheer green top here I've had mine for ten years and it's still going strong!!!!
But I think black or nude would be good too

WildThong Sat 10-Nov-12 11:11:24

louise
I saw it on a blog on a S&B thread then came across it in Marks yesterday. The advert doesnt do it justice it is very flattering and lovely on. here

BeauNeidel Sat 10-Nov-12 11:23:12

I have a couple of cream ones, sometimes I wear a nudey colour cami and sometimes I wear a contrasting colour.

Pseudonymity Sat 10-Nov-12 12:13:12

I am going against the grain and saying that I prefer a strapless bandeau top under sheer.

HyvaPaiva Sat 10-Nov-12 13:49:47

I stock up on cotton spaghetti-strap vests, black for any dark-coloured sheer tops and white for any light, for about £1.99 each in H&M. Although pseudonymity's idea of a bandeau is inspired since I do actually have strap-slippage due to stupidly small shoulders.

louise2011 Sat 10-Nov-12 16:24:40

Thanks WildThong- love it! Shamelessly stealinggrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now