Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Warm winter coat recommendations

(17 Posts)
hermioneweasley Fri 09-Nov-12 20:06:31

My winter coat is falling apart. I need something warm, waterproof, preferably hooded and if it could be not completely shapeless/frumpy that would be ace. Where would you recommend looking.

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 20:45:44

Watching with interest ....

hermioneweasley Fri 09-Nov-12 21:42:30

Yes, sue, but where are all the wise MNetters with strong opinions?

I've had a look at north face, but they're £300+. Not paying that! Budget is £200, max, would prefer closer to £100.

mejon Fri 09-Nov-12 21:43:58

Anything in Lands End? I got 2 fab ones from their outlet/sale section recently. Code FD25PC gets you 25p/c off and free delivery until the 12th.

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 21:44:49

I bought the Boden cosy parka this week but am sending it back as it's not warm enough. Have ordered the Joules Belmont to try and failiing that will try Merrell next. Probably the Ellenwood as I'm not too keen on the Haven.

Has no-one mentioned the Merrel Haven yet? I though it was mn uniform? Great coat op.

Pounamu Fri 09-Nov-12 21:47:59

I recently bought the Merrell Ellenwood (the new version of the wakefield insulated) in black and it's awesome. Really warm and comfortable, has a massive hood and has a lovely shape. I think I paid about 170? Also comes in a few other colours

BraaaaaainsButterfield Fri 09-Nov-12 21:49:54

I will oblige, ATUA, with a Merrell Haven rec. Warmest. Coat. Ever.

Cheddars Fri 09-Nov-12 21:50:45

these Didrikson ones are also popular

hermioneweasley Fri 09-Nov-12 21:53:32

I was looking at the joules Belmont. Will check out the merrell recommendations. Thanks ladies

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 21:54:54

You could check out TK Maxx too although I haven't seen anything online to date

yummumto3girls Sat 10-Nov-12 00:09:03

I recently bought this www.johnlewis.com/347595/Product.aspx, I love it! It has a detachable hood and fur collar so can be worn in several different ways. It's smart but also waterproof, very warm and comfortable, can't recommend enough!

PinkSoccerMum Sat 10-Nov-12 00:12:02

I got a gorgeous one in tk maxx it's not on the website though.

cathers Sat 10-Nov-12 08:31:57

I have just bought the modern down coat from lands end. Really pleased with it, so warm and toasty without the bulk.

noviceoftheday Sat 10-Nov-12 09:08:42

Have you had a look at Jack Wolfskin? Dh and I have just bought ski and non-ski jackets from there. Seriously warm and weatherproof!

Imlostwithoutahope Sat 10-Nov-12 09:24:06

After buying a lands end down(water resistant not proof) and didrikson Naomi(massive on top if your small chested/petite) merrell Wakefield(doesn't have warm cuffs) I finally went with this one [[ www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/m/women/clothing/jackets_outerwear/northstar_coat_stone.htm]] its warm, waterproof, lower thigh length and has a big hood.

suebfg Sat 10-Nov-12 17:20:57

Tempted by the Barbour. Not normally a fan but I really like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now