Talk

Advanced search

Son's blazer (wailing and gnashing of teeth)

(2 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 09-Nov-12 14:44:56

He got a new one for Sept (Yr 8).
I bought him one from Next for Yr 7, it was ok ,(he splits the vents, don't know how confused

His new one (worn for one term) has a split at the back vent and a hole in the pocket.
Now I accept my DS (being a 13 yo boy and not very careful with his school clothes) is a bit careless. But seriously? This much wear and tear?

I sewed it up, but I'm considering returning it.

Anyone else have this?

mysteryfairy Fri 09-Nov-12 15:34:15

I used to buy chain store blazers (mostly M&S) for my boys and then sew a badge on through junior school and early years of senior school. They were always tatty after a term and rags by the end of a year. I bought DS1 a school uniform one at the start of y9 which cost about four times as much, but did lasted until the end of y11. I don't know if it hadn't anything to do with him outgrowing playing football in playground' but was certainly an improvement. Maybe consider buying school uniform one if there is one and it looks any better quality.

DS1 wears a suit in sixth form - got a cheap £150 from Next - already had to repair both jacket and trousers. I think there is a certain element of boys being hard on their clothes - he insists on demonstrating moshing whilst wearing it etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now