Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrows - what do you do?

(9 Posts)
Chopsypie Fri 09-Nov-12 14:42:45

So after a couple of years of generally getting more and more unstylish I decided something of a makeover was in order.
I now have a lovely new hair cut and colour, some lovely nails and I have had my eyebrows shaped and dyed (to match the hair).
But I have no idea how to maintain my eyebrow colour on a daily basis.
I am natually a mousy blonde/brown with blonde eyebrows and eyelashes. My eyebrow shape I can manage but what do I do on a day to day basis to keep them looking dark, without looking permanently startled.
Do I go for a pencil? Or a powder? Or buy some home dye?
I dont have the money to do the salon thing very often so what is best to do at home.
For info, I dont really have a massive amount of tiem (2 under 2 and a full time job) and I'm also not very au fait with make up either. I have mascara, eyeline and a blusher/bronzer powder in my make up bag. Thats it.

God I sound hopeless! But help please!

15thnamechange Fri 09-Nov-12 14:58:17

Have your brows gone very much darker than the orginal colour? Personally I prefer a brow pencil, think its a softer look and easy to apply. I've had my dyed in the past and couldnt see much difference between that and the pencil tbh, it just meant one less make up task in the morning.
I think it depends to some extent on how much colour change you want to achieve

Chopsypie Fri 09-Nov-12 15:03:48

Its not a lot darker, but my hair is now a reddy/brown so blonde eybrows look silly, and dissapear into my face.

Its not so much as getting a depth of colour, but more getting some colour, every day. Does that even make sense?

Littlepumpkinpie Fri 09-Nov-12 15:06:02

I am the same colouring as you I use Dyelash boots and superdrug stock it. Takes minutes to apply and so far mine lasted a fortnight. I used to faff with pencil but going to stick to dylash now I have dicovered itsmile

Oh I use the brown one not the black

MissMogwi Fri 09-Nov-12 15:09:31

I tint my brows and lashes myself every four weeks. It was £8 for the kit from ASDA and it has lasted ages.

It looks great and makes me feel a bit more groomed. It's pretty easy to do as well which is good as I'm a clumsy sod.

MarianForrester Fri 09-Nov-12 15:16:24

MUA blonde eyebrow pencil. £1 from Superdrug!

Used to use the benefit kit, but not any more, this is soo cheap, and good.

I get my lashes dyed professionally every so often, but wear mascara every day.

3mily Fri 09-Nov-12 15:27:24

I use the Urban Decay Brow Box. Used pencils in the past but I much prefer the powder.

BeauNeidel Fri 09-Nov-12 18:14:00

I use a pencil, my actual eyebrow hairs are dark but they are sparse. I recently bought Clinique brow pencil and it is by far the best colour for me, not too dark and hard enough that it doesn't smudge if I touch my face. I think my face doesn't look finished without my brows pencilled in.

Go into a dept store and ask to be matched. I find a pencil quicker than a wax and powder combo like Benefit Browzings although I own and use that too.

GingerLemonTea Sun 11-Nov-12 15:14:50

I use a brown mascara on my eyebrows.
A light hand & not too much colour on the brush gives lovely defined eyebrows. It takes about 30 secs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now