Advanced search

I am going out tomorrow night...

(14 Posts)
ThatBastardSanta Fri 09-Nov-12 13:50:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThatBastardSanta Fri 09-Nov-12 13:51:49

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 13:54:17

it mostly depends on what your hair is like? i'm a vintage hair stylist (amongst other hair related things) so if i can help i will

ThatBastardSanta Fri 09-Nov-12 13:59:34

ThatBastardSanta Fri 09-Nov-12 14:03:38

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 14:05:16

If you are good with your hair then have a play-but a front roll can be tricky-usually a side parting, with a little hair each side clipped back is enough to lend a little vintage without being ott. there is a wealth of advice on youtube-this lady is amazing-good luck!

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 14:07:10

I certainly have a lot of customers, the blitz parties are very popular-also "alternative" types are keen on the look be it more pinked up or whatever.

BunnyLeBOOwski Fri 09-Nov-12 14:07:47

I think a 50's style dress worn with an ordinary do looks odd.

I would go for a wee victory roll on one side at the front.

Or some kitten ears which are easier to do. All you need is a comb, grips and hairspray.

Get thee to youtube!

Oh and you must do proper red lippy + eyeliner!

ThatBastardSanta Fri 09-Nov-12 14:09:43

BunnyLeBOOwski Fri 09-Nov-12 14:09:44

iMum - without wanting to derail OP's thread can I ask you a question?

What is the best haircut to have if you want to regularly wear vintage hairdo's?

I have long thick hair with a fringe and no matter how long I spend curling it the curls drop out in an hour. Would shoulder length be better? With no fringe?

And all one length or layered?

<cheeky face>

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 14:23:48

The typical vintage cut I do is called the midi or the midi long. It is fairly short-here its basically an all over layers cut.

With long thick hair-the answer to curling it is to use plenty of setting lotion and pin curl your hair, slightly damp and allow to dry overnight-This is what i used to do with my lower back length hair before i had it all cut off. then carefully handle the curls when dry, brush them through but over your hand so you brush your hand too iyswim and spray them with hairspray like crazy!

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 14:31:41

If you didn't want to go for the middy as its quite short then a longer universal layer haircut would work-basically its the layers that show the curls-that said you can cheat this with long hair by underpinning some length up-this tho can be tricky to do on yourself!

BunnyLeBOOwski Fri 09-Nov-12 16:32:47

No way would I go that short! Have a bottle of setting lotion here. Will have a go at pincurls tonight!

Thank you for your help smile

iMum Fri 09-Nov-12 16:43:56

No worries!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now