Talk

Advanced search

I want a really snuggly fleece - where should I try?

(19 Posts)
suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 13:38:44

Just the thing to put on when you're at home and don't want to put the heating. Lots around for kids but I want one too grin

Abzs Fri 09-Nov-12 13:58:40

I currently have my eye on the Boulder Hoodie from Rab, the Pyxis from Mountain Hardwear and the Lutak from Jack Wolfskin.

All made of the highloft fluffy kind of fleece. They are all jacket ones though.

I have the Rab Powerstretch top. Size up as it's cut as a baselayer.

In a non jacket style there's also the TNF Mossbud.

Keep your eye out for ones made of Polartec 300 or Thermal Pro. They'll cost more but will be thicker and warmer.

brighthair Fri 09-Nov-12 14:30:23

I really like Joules fleeces. Sometimes cheaper at Out of the City website (you can narrow search down to any brand fleece on there too)

Enchante Fri 09-Nov-12 14:43:36

Next have a nice selection of Snuggle Tops

I bought a similar one some years back in Gap, though haven't seen them there for a while, however last year my sister found the Next ones and they are lovely and cosy, come in a variety of styles and colours and are not too bulky or restrictive either.

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 14:47:05

Thanks all. PS you're right about the Out of the City website - thanks for the tip

brighthair Fri 09-Nov-12 14:50:42

No problem - I never buy them full price but I have a slight <cough> Joules problem gringrin

scripsi Fri 09-Nov-12 15:02:23

enchante, the Next ones are surprisingly lovely - do they have them instore as well as online? My next trip to the bright lights might require a stop at next

Startail Fri 09-Nov-12 15:02:26

If it doesn't have to look fashionable any good outdoor shop have fleeces.

Micro fleece is really cosy and light and thin enough to stick a coat over to grab DCs from school etc.

I have an ancient Kickers hoodie which is fantastically warm and smart enough for public consumption and thin enough to go under a coat.

I agree with Abzs that proper outdoor rated fabric is worth looking for. Cheap supermarket fleece is fine as a light weight spring/Autumn warm cardigan, but it doesn't breath and is plasticy and sticky worn for long periods indoors or in a warm car. Also it lets the wind through if used on a cold day outdoors.

Mewsical Fri 09-Nov-12 20:34:58

I have a Joules one which is lovely and warm but thick and bulky - more for outdoor summer cold evening.
But today I saw some fleece pyjama tops in M&S that I was thinking of getting for wearing in the house - ones which will keep you warm but not too bulky to restrict you.

PoppyWearer Fri 09-Nov-12 20:36:24

I also have a very snuggly Joules one. They also do socks - am wearing some now.

Mewsical Fri 09-Nov-12 20:37:59

Uniqlo do good zip up ones too - plain or some very interesting patterned ones too. So interesting I wouldn't be opening the door in them.

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 20:40:19

Yes, see what you mean about the Uniqlo designs - what were they thinking?

anniewoo Fri 09-Nov-12 20:41:38

Jackwolfskin- double sided soft fleece. Amazing but expensive!!!

noisytoys Fri 09-Nov-12 20:44:24

If you're not planning on leaving the sofa, get a Slanket they are amazing

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 20:56:23

mmm had to look that one up - I need something I can answer the door in though grin

MrsSpoutfire Fri 09-Nov-12 21:14:21

I saw this in New Look. It looks so cosy smile

suebfg Fri 09-Nov-12 21:19:50

Agree - I think I'd look like a cuddly marshmallow in the pink one!

member Fri 09-Nov-12 21:25:04

The supermarkets are doing snuggle-type tops simillar to the next ones with cowlish necks/no zip. Have seen in Tesco & Sainsburys nightwear sections. Not been in an Asda for a while but chances are they have them too.

Murtette Sat 10-Nov-12 07:27:37

I highly recommend the fleecy snuggle top thing from the nightwear section in Sainsburys. I think it was £12 but I got mine when they had 25% off all of their clothes. It is the warmest thing I think I have ever worn and so soft & comfy. I have one in deep purple so feel I can answer the door to the postman etc in it. It fields less odd to wear around a house than a fleece as that is a coat whereas this is a jumper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now