Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me whats in Anti Aging stuff

(9 Posts)
Shoshe Thu 08-Nov-12 20:00:09

That makes my eyes sore and tired?

Actually its not just anti aging, its some foundations as well and some repair shampoos.

I want to get a new foundation, but find I'm buying them then about an hour after putting it on find my eyes are sore.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 20:06:30

Only way to really know is to look at the ingredients and match them up.
Do you have allergies in general?

Shoshe Thu 08-Nov-12 20:11:18

I have Lupus, so yes have lots of allergies, mainly environmental tho, leaf mold, grasses and cleaning products, anything too strong to be honest.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 20:17:22

What anti aging stuff do you use?

Shoshe Thu 08-Nov-12 20:25:20

have tried the Avon stuff, Clinique and Olay stuff all did it, as did Elvive repair shampoo and Clinique foundation

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 20:30:29

All off the shelf stuff has preservatives in - parabens etc which can alter the hormones in your skin.
If you make your skin care products yourself you control what goes in and they are often cheaper and more effective, plus you dont need chemical preservatives.
Some people think this is daunting but it really isnt.

Aside from this, use natural moisturisers - organic jojoba oil is great and lasts ages.

Shoshe Thu 08-Nov-12 20:35:52

Its not so much moisturizers, more a foundation that is not going to make my eyes sore, ts a PITA as it takes a while for it to happen, feels fine when I put it on, its only later that I feel like my eyes are sooooooooo tired, the feeling when you are so tired, or that you have cried for hours sort of feeling.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 20:38:57

Go for an organic, natural foundation if there are any?

For anti aging you could use a DIY vitamin C serum - vitamin c, water and glycerin. Very basic but very effective.

Shoshe Thu 08-Nov-12 21:06:19

Thank You Cedge will see if I can find some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now