Talk

Advanced search

anyone had semi permanent make up? brows in particular

(16 Posts)
MoomieAndFreddie Thu 08-Nov-12 16:23:39

have a consultation tomorrow, its with Sian Sheppard in Leicester

am so fed up of drawing my eyebrows on all the time, i used to dye them but i don't think its very good for them to keep dying them, i noticed mine seemed to be thinning loads

but without eye brow make up / dye i look like a boiled egg as my eyebrows are so thin and fair

i want to hear all your stories! good AND bad as its costing me the best part of £500.

amarylisnightandday Thu 08-Nov-12 16:25:22

No idea I'm afraid but marking place as I want to get this done too. I'm not in Leicester I'm
Afraid.

VintageRainBoots Thu 08-Nov-12 16:27:17

My MIL had her brows and eyelids done and got a good result--brows have perfect shape and perfectly symmetric, and her eyeliner is spot-on---though her brows look a little too dark to me. She's pleased with the results, though.

That said, it's still weird to me when I see her first thing in the morning and she's still in her pyjamas but it looks like her eyes are already done.

MoomieAndFreddie Thu 08-Nov-12 16:29:58

your MILs sounds lovely vintage

I personally like my brows really dark blush I know some think thats a bit wag-ish and chavvy but i think it looks good on me

i'm only having brows although i would love eyeliner as well. the girl in the shop when i booked my appointment had had the whole lot done, brows, lips and eyes, she looked amazing envy

minibmw2010 Thu 08-Nov-12 18:10:51

Would also love to know if others have had this, would love to do it. Probably being a bit stupid but how is it done? Is it done 'through' your existing eyebrows?

MoomieAndFreddie Fri 09-Nov-12 16:36:28

Have booked it for the 14th (next wednesday, eeek)

Will report back......

minibmw2010 Sat 10-Nov-12 09:52:31

Ooooh good luck, exciting !!!

Beaverfeaver Sat 10-Nov-12 10:29:36

I have had it done a few times, mainly for eye liner.

Yes they go through your existing brows.

Certainly saves time getting ready in the mornings

swooosh Sat 10-Nov-12 10:34:30

I want mine done....they are white blonde and I powder them in. Someone who does the brows said on Twitter that they wouldn't recommend it for me as the blonde hairs will look funny over the darker 'brows'...sad

MoomieAndFreddie Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:04

really swoosh mine are blonde too? and didn't seem to be a problem according to my lady who is going to do mine.

i am soooo excited, will deffo report back

and in the meantime bumping for any more stories of others who have had it done!

minibmw2010 Sat 10-Nov-12 19:57:31

If anyone has had it done in the Essex/Colchester area would happily go with a recommendation smile

AyeOopMoose Sat 10-Nov-12 20:49:31

My Mum has had this done. It looks great. I'd like mine done but am a wimp, she's quiet tough & said it hurt!

Anyway the real gem is.....she had it done free! There is a woman who trains beauticians in this & often needs people (for all semi perm make up). It is all v closely supervised. If anyone wants details I'm sure I can get it if you pm me.

We're in the South West area.

MoomieAndFreddie Sat 10-Nov-12 22:13:12

wow bargain ayeupmoose

i was gonna have it done for free (or v v cheap) in london as a mner gave me some details (can't remember who now) but they were really really inflesible with their dates and times and i am in the midlands so would have been hard to get there

i am not scared, have had loads of tattoos and babies grin

rocketwithbutterflywings Sat 10-Nov-12 22:22:45

Somebody on here had them done in Halstead and was very pleased I can't remember who though, mini
Have a look through style and beauty, I think she named the salon.

Rexy Sat 10-Nov-12 22:30:12

ayeupmoose I just sent you a msg as I'm in S Wales and v interested .

Beaverfeaver Sat 10-Nov-12 23:04:48

It does hurt. I have got a few tattoos, but having my eyelids done was more uncomfortable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now