Talk

Advanced search

uneven tone on skin

(16 Posts)
noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 11:33:36

I am v lucky as I am old 47 next week! and have good skin. Smooth and unlined and no spots dark circles etc but I have noticed that without make up it is quite red and blotchy in places and I like to wear no make up sometimes but am finding it less and less possible. I use liz earle and decleor but am looking for something to specifically target redness i think and not a cover up more a permanent fix! Or is it laser for me in teh future

valiumredhead Thu 08-Nov-12 11:36:14

Just use a dab of Bare Mineral's Bisque concealor - yellow based so hides the redness.

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 11:40:09

Do you need to put foundation over it or can you wear alone without looking yellow!?

valiumredhead Thu 08-Nov-12 11:42:46

It's the one thing I have found the blends into the skin on its own and you don't need foundation - doesn't look yellow at all.

It's a miracle in a tiny pot - expensive but lasts FOREVER - make sure you buy the brush to go with it, it's the only BM brush I think is any good.

I've been wearing it for over a year now and it has transformed how I feel about my skin. They sell in in JL and Debenhams and probably other big department stores or you can buy on line.

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 11:44:13

Thanks thats a great help! I am going to town today and we have a debenhams so will get it.

valiumredhead Thu 08-Nov-12 13:23:15

Get them to try it on you first so you can see if you like it.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 16:19:52

Lactic acid peels can help even your skin tone.

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 19:21:45

tell me more!

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 19:39:00

You can buy lactic acid peels.... generally 40 or 50 %. If you do a few of these over a few months, its supposed to even things out quite a bit..
If you have never used acids before, start off with a lower percentage.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 19:41:26

Or you could use a niacinamide serum if you dont want to use acids.

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 19:51:39

Think acid would make me redder!

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 19:58:04

Over time acids tend to lighten skin.... making red patches less noticeable.
Look for a cream that contains niacinamide and NAG ( N Acetyl D Glucosamine). These two in combination are good for patchy skin / hypepigmentation.

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 19:58:42

Neither of those two are acids.

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 21:11:41

Thanks so much smile

Maraki Thu 08-Nov-12 22:03:36

I've seen a big difference in skin tone with glycolic acid 30%. dry, sensitive 40yo skin here. I buy mine from Bravura online.

Personally, I love wearing double wear foundation daily, even when I'm at home, I get so many compliments on my skin!

noddyholder Thu 08-Nov-12 22:07:37

Mine is very mildly red dp says he can't see it but i can!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now