Talk

Advanced search

Highlights

(3 Posts)
DowntonAbbess Thu 08-Nov-12 10:12:44

I fancy changing my hairstyle drastically. Partly in a "I want to get that man right out of my hair" mood and partly cos it's been pretty much the same for the last 18 years and I just fancy something new. I've had perms in the past, but never had any sort of colour put in, and I'm thinking about highlights. But I have a couple of questions, that probably seem very silly to everyone else but I really am clueless!

1) I presume I can get highlights done at the same time as a restyle? I know I'll have to tell them in advance but I wouldn't have to have two separate appointments, would I?

2) Would I have to get highlights redone every so often or can I just let them grow out? I mean, I know I can let them grow out but will they look silly? I usually go to the hairdresser once or twice a year, and don't really feel like upping this average!

TIA

Lifeisontheup Thu 08-Nov-12 13:34:37

Yes you can have them both done at once. Tell them it's a restyle so that they schedule time to chat about what you want.
With reference to growing them out I used to be able to get away with twice a year until I went really grey and now have to go about three to four times to stop me looking like a slightly faded badger.
You might want to have a trim a bit more frequently as it seems to freshen up the colour.

DowntonAbbess Thu 08-Nov-12 13:41:29

Brilliant. Thanks so much for the info. Shall ring and see if they can fit me in next weekend. Can't wait! (And if I don't like it I can always grow it out, both the style and the colour. So can't lose, really!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now