Talk

Advanced search

Skin care in 30's?

(8 Posts)
sweetheart Thu 08-Nov-12 09:49:33

I'm early 30's and thinking I ought to start a more serious skin care regime. I don't have the luck of having good genes to fall back on I'm affraid.

I already use the Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser which leaves my skin clean but not really bright and lines and starting to set it.

I already drink quite a lot of water and I only have 1 cigarette very very occasionally.

I'm thinking more along the lines of mosituriser really - I think a morning and night one would probably clog my skin up as that tends to happen. I'm wondering if an oil mosituriser or a serum is the best way forwad - I like things that are light on my skin.

Also I've heard lots about glycogen (sp????) Should I be using this?

And should I be doing a special once a week pick me up or something? Someone said (or I read) recently that perhaps a facila once a month would be a good idea.

My skin is ok but just not sparkling really, I also have tear troughs that make me look forever tired!

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom?

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Thu 08-Nov-12 09:54:21

I think using a moisturiser of some sort is all that really helps.

I am not convinced that fancy ones make more difference, though they are often more lovely to use - gorgeous textures and nice smells etc. I do love some premium stuff though - Elemis ProCollagen marine cream is gorgeous to use but I am not at all convinced it makes any difference grin

We are getting older - so some lines are practically inevitable. Sunblocks, not smoking, moisturiser is all you can really do. Gentle exfoliation can help the products to work better IMHO.

I have never had a facial blush

sweetheart Thu 08-Nov-12 09:57:47

I'm pretty sure the foundation I wear daily has SPF 15 in it?!?!?!?!

minimiya Thu 08-Nov-12 10:04:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

nipersvest Thu 08-Nov-12 11:04:21

mini - have you joined just to advertise?? you have to pay to do that you know!

Walnutcakelover Thu 08-Nov-12 11:08:43

Thats twice you have advertised your business now mini

AntoinetteCosway Thu 08-Nov-12 11:20:02

Reported.

OP I think the most important thing you can do is find a serum that will be good for your skin. The EL Advanced Night Repair has great reviews, and I love the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate (I have dry skin, beginnings of wrinkles sadly!). If you look on the Guardian Website Sali Hughes has some good videos about skin care. (I'm a big fan!)

cedge Thu 08-Nov-12 16:11:28

I think there is a lot you can do and if your start in your thirties you can look great for a long time.
Sun block or sun avoidance is a must.
Unfortunately, i believe that very few over the counter products have much impact on your skin.
Look for a cream with glycolic acid in it (preferably over 10%).
Vitamin C is also proven to work and can be made cheaply at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now