Talk

Advanced search

Shopping in Manchester

(11 Posts)
magicrat Wed 07-Nov-12 11:26:59

I am at a convention in Manchester on Friday but will have a few spare hours in the morning. Any shopping recommendations? Thanks.

starfleet Wed 07-Nov-12 11:47:24

Where is your convention Magi? If you're going to be central there is Harvey Nicks and Selfridges plus a plethora of shops around where they are, Zara, Ted Baker, Ugg, Reiss etc. There is Market St with the regular High St Stores including mahoosive Primark and a really good TK Maxx. Also the Arndale is OK, I don't go down to Spinningfields but there are some shops down there and also Deansgate, Kendalls is worth a look in Most things are within walking distance of each other and you would be able to fill a couple of hours quite easily. Enjoy! smile

magicrat Wed 07-Nov-12 11:56:49

Thanks starfleet. It's at the National Football Museum. I can already feel my credit card starting to melt!

starfleet Wed 07-Nov-12 12:13:36

You're pretty much in the centre then! The Arndale is practically opposite as is Selfridges and the Printworks where there are also plenty of places to eat. I love Manchester - I lived away for a few years and really missed it! It's a wonderful city and I hope you enjoy your time here smile

magicrat Wed 07-Nov-12 15:09:01

Thanks, I'm sure I will!

Aquelven Wed 07-Nov-12 18:24:21

You'll be right in the centre there.
Selfridges is just behind the wheel, that you can't miss from the Football Museum, with Harvey Nics next door, & a big M&S behind.
There are lots of shops on King Street, that runs at right angles off Deansgate opposite Kendals, & on St Anne's Square.

This site might help you find what you're looking for

www.manchester2002-uk.com/shopping.html

magicrat Thu 08-Nov-12 08:38:27

Thanks Aqueleven

mysteryfairy Thu 08-Nov-12 19:21:35

I was shocked last time I went to Manchester that the wheel was gone! Just googled and it went to Edinburgh in April! So don't try to navigate by it!

Aquelven Thu 08-Nov-12 19:46:07

Really? Sorry, magicrat, I didn't know that, it's a few months since I was last there.

busymummy3 Fri 09-Nov-12 23:25:02

we will be staying in Manchester in December (weekend of 14/12 -16/12) in Worsley .Would appreciate some advice re shopping and anything else going on that weekend. THANKS.
PS We were in Manchester earlier this year (31st March) wheel was there then ?

MsArseBiscuit Sat 10-Nov-12 07:13:59

The Christmas Markets should be on throughout town, they're huge - extend from near Harvey Nicks, through St Ann's Square and up to Albert Square. There's usually outdoor ice skating somewhere too.
Have a look on here Lovely Manchester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now