Talk

Advanced search

Zara sizing?

(8 Posts)
bushymcbush Wed 07-Nov-12 09:33:21

I bought a Zara coat in a charity shop yesterday. It's a size XL but it is a teeny bit tight on my bust when buttoned up. I'm a size 16. Is that normal? A bit shock at being XL!

Annianni Wed 07-Nov-12 09:53:39

Zara sizing is completely bonkers, just ignore what the label says.

yellowsubmarine53 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:00:20

Agree that Zara sizing is a bit random, but definitely smaller than most shops.

A medium there is about a 12, large a 14, so yes in the world of the glamorous, young and Spanish, XL may well be about a 16.

In contrast, a 16 at Monsoon would probably be roomy enough to cover you, your extended family and dog.

Aquelven Wed 07-Nov-12 10:01:16

It's just to depress you!

Couple of years ago on a rare trip to nearest city, I ventured into a Zara store for the first time. Not a clue about the S to XL sizing, being size 14 thought might be a M, went to ask a shop assistant who was standing about, twiddling her thumbs looking superior.
She drew herself up to her full height, about a foot more than mine, & boomed out to all the shop, " that will be an Extra LARGE madam".
Legged it to M&S next door. blush

notyummy Wed 07-Nov-12 11:20:59

Yep. European sizing, which sadly exposes the fact that on average we Brits are considerably larger than them.

FerryGirl Wed 07-Nov-12 21:28:23

Ah yes, Zara sizing! I am a 10 /12 buy in Zara often have to buy a large! I just ignore the label!

Beaverfeaver Thu 08-Nov-12 07:40:03

I am size 12 and went there for a studded leather blazer which I had fallen in love with.

Couldn't get the large done up though!

So I didn't buy it (there were no xl to try on)

Corygal Thu 08-Nov-12 09:20:06

Comes up teeeeeny imo except the trouser lengths which go on for miles.

Zara armpits are as wide as drinking straws. Bear in mind in Spain the chain targets teenagers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now