Talk

Advanced search

Brow pencil

(31 Posts)
Aquelven Tue 06-Nov-12 21:03:46

Can anyone recommend a brow pencil, please. Preferably a wind up one that you don't need to sharpen & has a colour in the range suitable for very pale blonde.
I bought a No7 one which looked far too orange on, though it was named "blonde". Searched in vain since.

Ilovecrossfit Tue 06-Nov-12 21:10:35

I use MAC its fab

cardoon Tue 06-Nov-12 21:20:31

Love this clinique one

MsArseBiscuit Tue 06-Nov-12 22:22:52

Ooh, I have this one, it's genius Bloody Brilliant

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 06-Nov-12 22:24:06

S&G one with the highlighter on the other end. It's brill. grin

MaureenLove Tue 06-Nov-12 22:24:32

No. Don't do pencil. Do a shadow. Bobbi brown persuaded me. Much more soigné look.

PeachTown Tue 06-Nov-12 23:11:26

Avon do a good blonde twisty one very much like the MAC one for a third of the price.

NigellasGuest Tue 06-Nov-12 23:14:56

Benefit browzings.
I love it. Consists of a wax AND a powder/shadow!

Aquelven Tue 06-Nov-12 23:15:14

Thank you, they look interesting. I didn't know Mac did a wind up one.
Excuse the ignorance but what is S&G, musttidyup?
Tried Google but just got things like recruitment & air conditioning.

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 06-Nov-12 23:17:16

Sorry - soap and glory smile

Aquelven Tue 06-Nov-12 23:22:38

Thank you, should have realised. smile

Eliza22 Wed 07-Nov-12 08:36:46

I use a Mac Paint Pot. Recommended by the SA. It's called "Quite Natural". If you look on Makeupalley, loads of ladies use this shade for this purpose.

Once on, it stays. Even through gym/swim. I feather it on with a fine brush and you can put them into a shape that holds.

Much more natural than either pencil or powder shadow.

morethanalltheteainchina Wed 07-Nov-12 08:59:28

I've tried several, raning from $ to $$$. Without doubt my favourite is quite a cheap one by from the Barbara Daly range at Tesco. It does need sharpening I'm afraid though, and I am dark so can't vouch for the lighter ones.
I think the trick is to do really light, feathery strokes with quite a sharp pencil, and don't forget it's always much easier to add more than remove it.

Aquelven Wed 07-Nov-12 09:31:18

I'd never have thought of using something like Paint Pot!
Going into town today so will have a look at your suggestions, thank you, though not Mac as there's no stockist.
It's finding the right colour I have problems with. You see pictures in mags & women on TV with quite dark drawn on brows, even though they're blonde, but on me it always turns out a bit Adams Family!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 07-Nov-12 09:36:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

musttidyupmusttidyup Wed 07-Nov-12 09:49:03

Hello naicespam grin
Never been called before <preens>
Just use one of those big sharpener thingies - boots definitely have them at an extortionate £5 or here
Soften up the end a bit with your finger before using again.
I love this pencil -the highlighter means my ultra straight brows can be ever so slightly arched (I like the haughty look) smile.

Aquelven Wed 07-Nov-12 09:49:33

Is it a thick one, the S&B? Is that why you can't find a sharpener?
If so, both Boots 17 & Bourjois do a sharpener that has two holes, one for thick pencils & one for thin. Both cheap, especially the 17. They both open & close to stop the bits going everywhere too, the 17 is dark blue & unscrews with a hole at each end, the Bourjois is bright pink & has a hinge.

otchayaniye Wed 07-Nov-12 10:20:40

Shu Uemura Seal Brown Hard Formula pencil - not a traditional pencil (they sharpen it into a weird long shape for you) and warms up on skin to deposit the colour (ashy, not warm) on or next to existing hairs, so I think the result is even more natural than powder. You get a loooong pencil too so value for money. If you like powder Mac Omega is a good choice.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 07-Nov-12 11:02:33

musttidyupmusttidyup Wed 07-Nov-12 13:17:53

Better get that pen knife out naicespam

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 07-Nov-12 14:29:39

Decco Thu 08-Nov-12 11:13:26

I also used the No7 blonde pencil but found a new one yesterday, try Collection 2000 in Blonde, it's much more ashy and it's a twist up.

AntoinetteCosway Thu 08-Nov-12 11:23:09

The best brown pencils in the world are Anastasia's Brow Whizz. <gavel>

Aquelven Thu 08-Nov-12 11:25:30

That sounds good, thanks Decco.

I remember when I was lamenting the disappearance of the matt No 7 eye shadows I used to like, after one of their revamps, I found identical ones in their Natural Collection at a fraction of the price they were under the No7 banner.

MoomieAndFreddie Thu 08-Nov-12 14:19:36

i define my eyebrows with brown waterproof mascara

i am aware people might think i am a freak for this blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now