Talk

Advanced search

Ash virgins or Converse

(9 Posts)
pocketandsweet Tue 06-Nov-12 20:25:26

I am thinking of replacing my much loved but won out Converse with a pair of Ash virgins. I am hoping to get some feedback on the Ash virgins to see if it is worth the extra £ or if I should just get another pair of Converse. Wondering how comfortable they are....

MrsRogerSterling Tue 06-Nov-12 20:40:10

Very comfortable and definately worth the money. I find they come up a little big. They don't do that annoying thing that converse always do of splitting where your foot bends around the side of the shoe. Love mine, in fact now have 3 pairs blush

pocketandsweet Tue 06-Nov-12 20:54:01

Ha... Funny that is exactly what has happened to my Converse. Too be fair they did get a work out though. When you say they come up big. I am a size 6 would you order a size down? I will probably be buying online so I appreciate the advice.

MrsRogerSterling Tue 06-Nov-12 21:01:36

I have 2 leather pairs and one canvas pair, the canvas I have in my usual size and they fit well, the leather I went one size down as they were to big in usual size. Mine are all a few years old now though. If you can find free returns anywhere maybbe worth ordering 2 sizes to compare.

Ilovecrossfit Tue 06-Nov-12 21:06:56

The Ash nes are bit wider thats why I prefer them over Converse, but still love my white pair and wear them a lot smile

mysteryfairy Tue 06-Nov-12 22:20:45

I'm a 6 and wear a 5 in the leather ones. I did buy a size 6 in canvas but had to return as too big. I do love them but fear cost per wear might not get down that low before they wear out as the soles are thin.

Princesspond Tue 06-Nov-12 23:48:59

Not helpful, but I really want some Ash ones, can't afford them though sad

OttersPocket Wed 07-Nov-12 13:57:51

I bought the brown leather Ash Virgins 2 months ago - I really do love them but have noticed the leather starting to come away from the rubber on both shoes. I have written to complain as I've only worn them a handful of times. I'm very sad as I do love how they look and feel...

pocketandsweet Wed 07-Nov-12 17:11:42

Oh boo OttersPocket! I don't know what to do now. I have been coveting a pair but they would represent a major splurge for me and I would be devastated if they started to fall apart that soon. I wear my converse pretty much everyday and got two years out of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now