Talk

Advanced search

Geek glasses- what do you think?

(8 Posts)
Ilovecrossfit Tue 06-Nov-12 19:54:45

I dont really need glasses, well I do just a bit for reading but I dont wear them. BUT I like the geek look and was thinking maybe about getting a pair BUT where do I look, i dont need any prescription so do i just go and choose frames or what do i do...
sorry to sound bit stupid

kellestar Tue 06-Nov-12 20:13:52

There are some good online sites. I've never used them, my jam jar lenses of old are now super thin and I tend to get mine on offer.

I think boots online are quite good for cheap frames.

Holymoly321 Tue 06-Nov-12 20:20:10

most of the shops like Claire's accessories etc sell 'geek' glasses with clear lenses for around a tenner. But beware, the lens will be cheap and may give you a headache after a couple of hours because they won't be optic lenses. HTH

Ilovecrossfit Tue 06-Nov-12 20:28:45

thanks kellestar
incognito..I know I dont really want very cheap ones, but I suppose I may still got a headache with better ones?

ujjayi Tue 06-Nov-12 20:49:54

I have these from Glasses Direct. They are cheaper than high street opticians but are excellent quality. I like the fact you can try 5 pairs at home for free and make a decision without undue sales pressure.

mirpuppet Tue 06-Nov-12 21:05:46

glasses direct

Also why don't you get your eyes checked? I just need glasses for reading but a different prescription for each eye so worth getting a proper pair.

Ilovecrossfit Tue 06-Nov-12 21:09:28

thank you, I think is a good idea to get my eyes checked.

mrscumberbatch Tue 06-Nov-12 22:29:24

I've always had big black heavy frames. (About 2 decades of em). Weird that they are now trendy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now