Advanced search

Go on - give me the websites that have gorgeous gowns

(7 Posts)
Pancakeflipper Tue 06-Nov-12 16:26:41

I need to find beautiful gowns.

I want long-ish.
I want drop dead gorgeous.
Not fuddy duddy.
Not bank breakingly expensive ( up to £200 I think).

Please tell me good shops/sites to find these gowns.

shelldockley Tue 06-Nov-12 17:13:21

When I was looking for bridemaids dresses earlier this year, we searched everywhere and House of Fraser ended up having the best selection. They have a collection called JS Collections which is really nice quality for around the price you're looking at. Some are a bit prommy/OTT, and others don't look like much on the website, but the ones that are heavy jersey are beautiful, worth a look.

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/JS+Collections+Women/BRAND_JS%20COLLECTIONS_03,default,sc.html&redirectQuery=js%20collections

Pancakeflipper Tue 06-Nov-12 18:05:43

ShellDockley - brilliant. odd;ly enough I walked through a HofF the other week and it wasn't as I recalled from my visits with my Gran when I was a kid. Shall look through that.

Did you get a bridesmaid dress? I ask in nosey manner...

MrsBucketxx Tue 06-Nov-12 18:10:50

coast?

SorrelForbes Tue 06-Nov-12 18:12:32

I love the Ghost ones at John Lewis.

Enchante Wed 07-Nov-12 11:18:52

Not an immediately obvious option perhaps, but I got a stunning dress from an ebay store called Dress it Plus Size

The name is a touch misleading, as they cater for dress sizes UK 6-20 and they provide a sizing chart on each dress for you to check your measurements against, which for me matched my usual UK dress size.

Although they are based in China, I got my dress in under 10 days and was so pleased I took a punt on it, as the dress is beautiful, great quality, good value and I've had so many compliments on it.

Northumberlandlass Wed 07-Nov-12 11:22:28

A couple of gorgeous dresses here Damsel in a Dress

I haven't bought evening gowns from them, but have a couple of the occasion dresses - and they are beautiful !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now