Talk

Advanced search

Argh. Have I ruined my naice handbag?

(9 Posts)
MaudTheGardenTheBlackBatNight Tue 06-Nov-12 03:12:48

Does anyone know of an idiot proof way of removing greasy splodges from leather? 'Tis my fault for using my posh handbag before I'd zapped it with the protector spray, but now it has a very conspicuous mark on it. Sob.

justbogoffnow Tue 06-Nov-12 03:28:33

What kind of grease?

MaudTheGardenTheBlackBatNight Tue 06-Nov-12 03:33:01

Thanks for answering at this unearthly hour!

Hard to be sure, but from food. Possibly risotto. Sob.

AlwaysBizzy Tue 06-Nov-12 03:36:18

marking my place as I have done the same thing ;-(

boyhasadream Tue 06-Nov-12 03:46:47

Ok, I'm fairly sure you need to use stuff to draw out the oil eg talc or cornstarch. It needs to be bunged on liberally. Not sure if you clean the area first. Google it - I did it a while ago with cornstarch and it worked, not a complete shift but so as the mark didn't scream out at me!

Lavenderhoney Tue 06-Nov-12 05:15:10

Call the shop as they should have a service where you send the bag? It should come back like newsmile

Lavenderhoney Tue 06-Nov-12 05:17:04

Failing that google lovin my bag - it's a bag spa franchise and they are in the uk! Have used them myself and they are fabsmile

MaggieW Tue 06-Nov-12 09:10:45

Saddlesoap should help. Have a look on Amazon. Was traditionally used to keep saddles and harness clean but will do any leather.

MaudTheGardenTheBlackBatNight Tue 06-Nov-12 09:50:44

Hmm. Tried the talc approach in the immediate aftermath and it didn't help much. Off to investigate saddle soap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now