Talk

Advanced search

Are these a fashion crime nowadays?

(16 Posts)
Hattie11 Mon 05-Nov-12 23:30:59

I've been wondering for a while now.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ladies-kickers-size-7-/190747857020?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2c6975507c

I have terrible pains in my feet and need wide supportive shoes, these have such a good reputation - but are they a massive fashion crime?

JoyceDivision Mon 05-Nov-12 23:38:20

I wear kickers! Similar style but navy with white stitching and white coloured sole.

GooseRocks Mon 05-Nov-12 23:43:07

Erm, yes. Sorry.

MorrisZapp Mon 05-Nov-12 23:44:53

Ooh I had brown nubuck ones back in the day. I still smile every time I see Kicker boots.

Prob best not worn with flares and a flowerpot hat though.

<consults old photo>

Nope. Not a good look.

MorrisZapp Mon 05-Nov-12 23:45:22

Joyce, I love your name.

Hattie11 Mon 05-Nov-12 23:53:19

Are they comfortable Joyce?

Can anyone recommend other comfy but wide ankle boots? I have so much trouble finding shoes that work with my feet!! They have to be flat too.

JoyceDivision Mon 05-Nov-12 23:56:32

Bit like docs, you need to give a good day's wear to break them in, but once you have done they're like slippers! Be warned, i tried the nubuck ones on and they were a really tight narrow fit, leather ones are prob better.

The red ones you can get are very nice, but depends how brave you feel!

They're not my sexiest shoes, but dh laughingly refers to them as my shit kickers grin

Jas Mon 05-Nov-12 23:59:45

I also like your name joyce.smile

Both my daughters (and about half of the girls at their secondary school) wear these.

JoyceDivision Tue 06-Nov-12 00:04:46

thanks you all for my name flattery grin (twirls round preening at self)

Childrens kickers are fantastic! I have them for mt dc and they are really really hard wearing, takes ds who is 3 a lot longer to destroy the toes on them!

Selks Tue 06-Nov-12 00:09:22

I wear doc marten shoes for work, they are the Mel Ghillie style I think (sorry am on phone and can't do links). They are the most supportive and comfy shoes and I love how they look.

Hattie11 Tue 06-Nov-12 00:15:24

Just googled them selks, i've not seen those before they look good!

AgathaFusty Tue 06-Nov-12 11:16:46

Have you looked at Clarks? I think they do different widths. Also, I read on here that Evans have wider fitting footwear.

PoshPaula Tue 06-Nov-12 19:04:32

Kickers are fashionable. My DS is a Fine Art student at CSM, lives on Brick Lane, models professionally - he's just bought some navy Kickers. I want some. Go for it.

Selks Tue 06-Nov-12 20:50:40

If you like the look of those, Hattie, you might be interested to see these by red or dead...I've got a pair and they are fab, look good under trousers - not quite as cushiony as my lovely doc shoes though. I'm also considering these
Not ankle boots, but all very comfortable and if you like the look of chunky shoes, as I do, look great on.

Hattie11 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:43:11

I like the first of your links.

mrscumberbatch Tue 06-Nov-12 22:33:07

I wear a lot of red or dead shoes and also alegria which come in all different colourways and are the most comfortable things you'll ever put on your feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now