Talk

Advanced search

More fun than fireworks? Can anyone help me find a dress like this...?

(10 Posts)
herewegoloopyloo Mon 05-Nov-12 20:57:32

this but without the £700 price tag? I also love this one but don't want black really.
I have been invited to a work awards do in 2 weeks but it's black tie and I can't find anything suitable! The challenge is that I am only 5ft2 and although am an 8-10, I am 'short waisted' so have no proper waist and don't have great upper arms. Legs ok but struggle to find short black tie/cocktail dresses with some sort of sleeve. The thing I like about both the above is that they 'create' a waist by skimming it. So - a challenge. Can anyone help??

herewegoloopyloo Mon 05-Nov-12 21:25:21

well, the fireworks are good...

LittlePandaBear Mon 05-Nov-12 21:29:33

This has the kind of shape I think you're after but not seen it in real life. Looks a little like a silk nightie.

Hmm, I'm not selling it am I.

QueenBOObread Mon 05-Nov-12 21:32:14

Malandrino on sale in XS...

herewegoloopyloo Mon 05-Nov-12 21:32:39

Oh, promising. Right sort of shape although you are right, I would want to see it in real life to check didn't look like a smart nightie.
i like some of the dresses on phase eight but they are all sleeveless. Sigh...

QueenBOObread Mon 05-Nov-12 21:34:33

Issa with sleeves

herewegoloopyloo Mon 05-Nov-12 21:40:58

Queen - I saw and liked that one but pastels don't suit me, esp not that coral colour, sadly

QueenBOObread Mon 05-Nov-12 21:42:31

Yes, that's the obvious downfall. There's not many who can carry off peach!!

herewegoloopyloo Mon 05-Nov-12 21:43:58

oh, just seen your link to Malandrino, thanks - not sure how I feel about asymmetric but perhaps am being too unadventurous. It is a gorgeous shape. (wonders if could squeeze in to the XS with Spanx...)

LittlePandaBear Mon 05-Nov-12 22:21:19

Mango blue or pink?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now