Talk

Advanced search

Ok PLEASE help me to find some CHEAP summer clothes as we're going away for Christmas.

(23 Posts)
MrsCantSayAnything Mon 05-Nov-12 20:29:07

To oz for a month. I have NO budget as it's all gone on flights.

I need basics like capri pants, nice tops...maybe a nice dress...very casual.

I am size 12-14....depends what it is...tops 12 and trousers 14...dresses depends on brand....good brands make me a 12!

I don't like anything that shows ANY chest...as I have thread veins....so I like high necked halters...or slash/boat neck tops.

Please help...I can only find utter crap! I need things really cheap.

Did I say cheap? grin I mean as cheap as poss but looks ok.

Thank you MN style gurus.

Numberlock Mon 05-Nov-12 20:32:00

See what you can borrow from mates first as their holiday gear will be packed away for winter.

Rindercella Mon 05-Nov-12 20:33:26

Go on, make me jealous...whereabouts are you going?

Will have a think about sourcing cheap clothes.

MrsCantSayAnything Mon 05-Nov-12 20:34:27

Number They're all either size 8 or bigger than me!

MrsCantSayAnything Mon 05-Nov-12 20:34:52

Rinder Australia.

Numberlock Mon 05-Nov-12 21:02:51

Bloody selfish friends lol.

kissyfur Mon 05-Nov-12 21:04:22

eBay?

jojane Mon 05-Nov-12 21:04:37

Do you have a matalan clearance shop near you? Ours is always full of summer stuff for a couple of quid per item, loads of tops and skirts and sandles etc, I got som cork wedges for £1.50 and a swim suit for dd for 50p!

MrsCantSayAnything Mon 05-Nov-12 21:06:38

Kissy Ebay seems to be full of overpricced tat....like "Three vest tops from Tophop buy it now for 10 pounds...worn"

I'm like "Er..no!"

MrsCantSayAnything Mon 05-Nov-12 21:07:06

No Matalan clearance *jojane....maybe they do online? Off to look!

amarylisnightandday Mon 05-Nov-12 21:09:19

Asos is quite cheap - always end up on holiday in winter when you can buy nothing. Boohoo.com also quite cheap

Rosa Mon 05-Nov-12 21:15:48

www.debenhams.com/sale/women#catalogId=10001&lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online%3DY/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale%7D/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale_18661%7D/categories%3C%7Bproductsuniverse_d1_sale_18661_17646%7D/50.0%3Cdiscounted_percentage%3C70.0&ps=default&sfn=DISCOUNT&sfv=50%25+-+70%25&storeId=10001 they also have a fair few cropped trousers might be of some help...

Rosa Mon 05-Nov-12 21:16:17

Good job I did the link properly!!!!!!

Meggles76 Tue 06-Nov-12 06:15:01

The outlet on the Lands End website had some summer bits when I was browsing the other day and the outlet stock is heavily discounted.

ripsishere Tue 06-Nov-12 06:21:30

Since I am neither stylish nor beautiful, I generally stay away from this area.
I'd say wait till you get to Aus. They have a shop called Target which is pretty good value.

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 06-Nov-12 07:33:28

I find Target is a bit yakky tbh. NO offence to Aussies....it's just not very good quality and I KNOW I want the quality without the £££ but I cant help it!

I went back on Ebay last night and got some nice sandals for £7 and they were brand new and leather! More of a flip flop really but fancy.

Also got a nice thin dress from someone, barely worn....that was 1.50!

Will keep looking there as I see now you just have to look a LOT.

StrawberrytallCAKE Tue 06-Nov-12 07:37:09

Try next linked to clearance I found loads of summer clothes for a winter holiday out of season last year.

Turquoiseblue Tue 06-Nov-12 08:16:47

Whereabouts in Australia ? Hang on till you get there if I were you I would wait until I got there - you may find an outlet place (they have lots ) spend a few hours. Tbh is ain't the easiest to shop for the cheap summer stuff in the depths of writer here as all that will be left in sales racks will be tat or you will end up paying a lot For stuff you ll get on australia for half nothing.i d say wait till you get there and pick up a few bits, not all the stuff of aus is terrible quality (but y target not the best - probably similar to primark here tbh)
I would say go for a few bits - I have some tops and shorts from when I lived there 6 years ago that get hauled annually for our summer hols ! If you get some stuff you like you can have them for again as tbh i think if you go for some really cheap stuff it won't last and you won't like it after a while.
I d start a post on maybe what to buy when in Australia if I were you smile let people know where you are going and you ll easily pick up some stuff once there. Failing that hack the legs of an old pair of jeans and tie a knot in your dh s baggy ok tee- wear with a slick of lip gloss, factor 30, and a smile and enjoy the holiday you lucky thing grin

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 06-Nov-12 08:18:25

I just don't rate their clothes. They're poor quality unless you have lots of money.

WhatSheSaid Tue 06-Nov-12 08:36:17

Do you have summer clothes you have just worn for the, er, British summer. Can you wear them?

Jaeme Tue 06-Nov-12 09:19:57

M&S outlet had some shorts for £4.50 just bought some for my holiday next week as I left shopping way too late. They still had quite a few choices of cropped trousers too.

Can't link as I'm on my phone but go to www.marksandspencer.com then click outlet up in the top bit.

MrsCantSayAnything Tue 06-Nov-12 10:52:07

Thanks Jaeme...but I've not got the legs for shorts! I do have some clothes from last year but not many.

I am however v happy with the beaded bargain sandals from Ebay and the other stuff I got.

A mate has today offered me her wardrobe to look through!! She's a 12 while I am a 12-14 but according to her, most of the stuff should fit me...tops and dresses anyway...not trousers though. Her bottom is a lot smaller than mine!

She has good taste and a problem with shopping so I'm going to be v happy. grin

QueenCadbury Tue 06-Nov-12 11:04:25

Charity shops?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now