Talk

Advanced search

I have an interview....

(5 Posts)
ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Mon 05-Nov-12 20:21:52

Feeling very bloody proud of myself..... Anyway got an interview when I get back to England next week.

I am planning on wearing a gorgeous pair of black wool trousers that I got in TKMaxx a few years back. Some designer I can't remember who but if I remember rightly the ticket in them had them reduced from 200 odd pounds down to about 50.00, they look very good on me. Some black high heel shoes, and a white shirt that has some black flowers on the front. I get lots of compliments on the shirt so feel confident wearing it.

My problem now is I am sitting here at 10:30 at night with the front door wide open as the temp is in the 20's in the day time its still reaching 33 degrees.

With just the shirt and trousers I am going to be bloody freezing. I don't have a smart coat. So I need to get some sort of jacket/blazer I am thinking but what. Do I go for black? Won't the blacks look mismatched?

The job is for a receptionist at a 4* hotel if that makes any difference.

PhyllisDoris Mon 05-Nov-12 20:28:03

A nice bright colour I think. I was always advised to wear something that stands out at interviews, so they remember you.

ThingsthatgoSgreekinthenight Mon 05-Nov-12 22:00:01

something like this?

I don't want to spend a fortune as the work supplies a uniform so not sure how much I will wear it. Unless to other interviews if things go tits up at this one...

suebfg Mon 05-Nov-12 22:04:51

I would always wear a skirt or dress for an interview. It always looks smarter than trousers.

ninah Mon 05-Nov-12 22:06:43

I prefer trousers, and def like the sound of what you plan to wear op
Pick a jacket that goes with it and that you could wear again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now