Talk

Advanced search

Urgent! Eyebrows too dark

(7 Posts)
RollerCola Mon 05-Nov-12 13:51:14

I've just had my eyebrows tinted by a lady I don't normally have and they're too dark. Is there anything I can do to tone them down a bit? I don't take much notice of the shade my usual lady does so just assumed the new lady would know.

Should I get out the scrubbing brush??

FunBagFreddie Mon 05-Nov-12 14:22:03

What colour is your head hair?

RollerCola Mon 05-Nov-12 14:34:36

Quite fair, not a light blonde but bit lighter than 'mouse'

My eyebrows are naturally mousey but are now a dark brown. They're reasonably thick so they just stand out too much now. I've been scrubbing at them & think they've toned down a touch but I feel quite self-conscious sad

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 05-Nov-12 14:47:51

I usually have this when I get my brows HD'd - they look really dark to me to begin with and I always wonder if I've made a huge mistake (I have same colouring as you by the sounds of it). They tend to fade to a more acceptable colour within a couple of days, so you shouldn't be stuck with the current colour. I think they're much more noticeable to you then to other people too - even DH doesn't notice when I get mine done, whereas to me they're practically jumping off my face.

iloveweetos Mon 05-Nov-12 14:48:00

apparently washing your face? and using cleanser on them?

RollerCola Mon 05-Nov-12 15:12:14

Thanks everyone, I've given them a good scrub with cleanser and put some whitening toothpaste on them! (as advised by someone on here previously, when I did a quick search on 'eyebrow disasters' grin)

I've put some powder on them & some eye makeup & I think they look ok. It didn't help when dd earlier said 'ha ha they look like a MAN'S eyebrows mum confused

May have to wear a woolly hat for the school run in a bit!

Ah well, Thunderbirds are Go.

YokoUhOh Mon 05-Nov-12 15:21:06

I tint my eyebrows quite a dark brown and wear them quite thick; I actually think there's nothing worse than invisible eyebrows (mine would be if I didn't tint them). I often see girls/women who wear mascara/eyeliner and don't bother with their eyebrows - totally pointless! I bet your eyebrows look really striking a little bit darker; they fade after a few days anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now