Talk

Advanced search

Horribly stained fingernails - what to do??

(4 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Mon 05-Nov-12 09:33:38

I'm soo disappointed and annoyed. Had my nails "done" last Wednesday, as part of a special offer by a salon. Last time I was there was well over a year ago and never had any problems before. Am unemployed so this was a huge treat for me.

Anyway, was chatting away while the woman was doing my nails and she had 3 fingers done before I realised she hadn't used a base coat (I was having a purple colour done 007 opi

Took the colour off yesterday as it was chipping and my nails are really badly stained pink. Is there anything I can do to turn them normal? I was thinking lemon juice but my nails are quite soft so afraid of anything too harsh. Have Barbra Daly clear varnish for yellow nails, would that do anything?

Jaeme Mon 05-Nov-12 10:01:39

Baking soda or denture cleaning tablets is supposed to help. Buffing will get rid of it but obviously it's taking away some of the nail with it.

Dollydowser Mon 05-Nov-12 10:10:21

Go back and complain, see if they can do something to help.

Jackstini Mon 05-Nov-12 13:34:40

Salt and lemon juice scrub may help a little, but likely the only real way is wait for it to grow out and keep wearing other polish (with a basecoat!) over the top.

Only try buffing if your nails are really very strong/thick already

I would complain to the salon too though - what did they say at the time when you pointed out no basecoat? That is a very basic thing for them to forget!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now