Talk

Advanced search

How often should I exfoliate my face and apply a face mask?

(9 Posts)
Charliesangel2009 Sun 04-Nov-12 18:58:12

That's it, really! I'm on a mission to try and make myself look a bit better between now and the end of the year. Diet and The Shred start tomorrow and I already drink loads of water (bit too much wine though).

I use the OCM every other day, but should I exfoliate once or twice a week too? And should I use a face mask just once a week?

I am 41. Wrinkles not too bad (I'm told) and aside from one or two spots on my chin once a month, my skin is normal to dry.

Also, if you can recommend any face masks and exfolators (super cheap if poss), that would be even better!

Thanks in advance

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sun 04-Nov-12 21:05:42

I do mine every other day as skin is very dry smile

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Sun 04-Nov-12 21:06:21

Face mask once a week to and sleep in it!

noviceoftheday Sun 04-Nov-12 21:54:40

Once a week is recommended. I had time for that pre-dc! Sigh. I have heard the Apricot scrub is really good, though don't use it. Also Body Shop do some quite good face masks (or they did pre-dc!). As I don't have time, I use either Liz Earle cleanse and polish or Khiels pineapple scrub. I put it on before brushing teeth and then going into shower. Soo that gives me a few mins eveery da. I have found itt makes a hell of a difference. Neither of hose are cheap but maybe the rouine might work for you. Hth.

noviceoftheday Sun 04-Nov-12 21:57:42

Sorry for all the typos! blush

Pinkglow Mon 05-Nov-12 09:41:48

I exfoliate every evening but I use a really mild one that is designed for everyday use.

Mask twice or once a week but I have really dry skin and I use a moisture mask

tabbycat15 Mon 05-Nov-12 13:19:58

Exfolifate once or twice a week & use face mask once a week only,

cedge Mon 05-Nov-12 13:27:48

In your forties i would exfoliate three times a week to keep your skin renwel what it was when you were younger.
Depends on what your using to exfoliate with really..

Charliesangel2009 Tue 06-Nov-12 12:03:51

Thanks for the tips! Looking forward to seeing the results now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now