Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me an interview jumper please!

(7 Posts)
spotofcheerfulness Sun 04-Nov-12 17:16:43

I've been a freelancer for so long that my work attire of choice is jeans, jogging bottoms or pyjamas blush.
Now going to interviews and have nothing smart to wear on my top half. Any suggestions of something warm and smart that screams "employ me now"?

A jacket?

If you don't need as smart as a jacket, M&S do a cowl necked fairly fitted jumper in dark grey or black for about 18 pounds. It's viscose but feels nice and soft and doesn't bobble when washing. Would be nice with a pencil skirt maybe?

horsebiscuit Sun 04-Nov-12 17:44:41

Is a jumper really what you're after? I'd expect a jacket, even a casualish one without buttons (all over the high street). Maybe with a funky necklace perhaps. I wouldn't go woolly at an interview, however informal.

mumblechum1 Sun 04-Nov-12 17:45:31

Not a jumper. A nice jacket such as Horse describes.

scripsi Sun 04-Nov-12 17:48:50

I am with everyone saying jackets. I have been in a similar situation to you and I found that zara blazers were my friend - slightly edgier and less formal than some of the nasty polyester blazers on the high street.

I like the sound of the cowl neck jumper Remus - have been looking for a fine cowl jumper so will be off to have a look for that.

spotofcheerfulness Sun 04-Nov-12 18:06:20

Ooh thanks. I just look so hideous in jackets (they give me a Queen-style unibosom) I've always avoided them but may need to reasses...

scripsi Sun 04-Nov-12 18:17:51

I found that buying the skinny ones were a good idea so that they kind of create a slimming gap in the middle is a good idea (I have small boobs but rowers' shoulders!). I never do the blazers up. Zara is also good for thinnish (almost cardigan) fabric which would be good if you don't want to add bulk. I had to get a few and stalked ebay for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now