Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Capsule wardrobe?

(3 Posts)
Cloudminnow Sun 04-Nov-12 14:42:48

Just saw the thread about how many clothes do you have. It inspired me to go through my wardrobe and I've got far too many clothes. What would you say a person needs? What items would you recommend for a basic wardrobe (part time smart casual worker / part time SAHM)?

DameFanny Sun 04-Nov-12 14:49:08

I think it depends if you're a dress-wearer or jeans all the time person really - what's your style?

Hopefully Sun 04-Nov-12 15:33:19

Assuming you work, say, 3 days a week (and ignoring summer for now), I would go for something like:

work:
4-5 skirts/trousers/dresses
8-10 tops/shirts
2 cardigans/blazers, more if your tops aren't warm enough
2-3 pairs work shoes/boots
accessories

SAHM-ing:
5-6 bottoms/casual dresses
10-12 tops (I have fewer than this, and it's always a bit of a race to make sure I have enough clean)
3-4 jumpers/cardigans
accessories
3 pairs boots/sneakers/whatever you wear on your feet normally

misc
1 'sensible' warm waterproof coat, if you feel you need such a thing (I don't - I hate hoods so always use an umbrella, so get away with just one overcoat)
1 nice warm wool coat that will do for work as well
1 lighter coat
1 dress that will dress up or down for smarter evening things, weddings etc

But the specifics really do depend on your personal style. I tend to wear a broadly similar 'look' most days, so it is easy to mix and match my tops and bottoms together, but if you like to really mix it up, that is less easy, so inevitably you need more clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now