Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

YOU advent calendar- looks a good alternative to beauty boxes

(18 Posts)
iloveeverton Sun 04-Nov-12 12:55:59

I've just ordered this YOU advent calendar

Gave up glossybox ages ago so using money I saved for this- seems a good selection of samples.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 13:51:09

ooOoo good find!

I bought the Selfridges one but otherwise I'd snap this up!

iloveeverton Sun 04-Nov-12 13:56:47

Just googled selfridges one looks a good one too smile

Toughasoldboots Sun 04-Nov-12 14:00:23

I have been hankering after the selfridges one- is it the done thing to buy it for yourself though? What is advent calander etiquette I wonder?

gregssausageroll Sun 04-Nov-12 15:32:53

ach the selfriges one is out of stock.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 16:51:00

I bought it for myself, Tough smile

MonsterBookOfTyFawkes Sun 04-Nov-12 16:53:39

I didn't know you could get adult advent calendars, here's me with a pixar chocolate one grin

Viperidae Sun 04-Nov-12 16:54:41

I bought the Selfridges one last year and it was lovely but decided not to do it this year, maybe do alternate ones.

Toughasoldboots Sun 04-Nov-12 17:02:40

Well if pinot has trailblazed then I might get one.
I need something to get me through December other than booze and chocolate.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 17:06:12

Exactly Tough smile I'd like to not be a fat, drunken mess come 1st Jan for once grin

Actually, it's my first gluten-free Christmas and I thought a daily treat would make up for not having mince pies/shortbread/bread/stuffing/aunt bessies honeyroasted parnsips/cheeselets/christmascake.....

Toughasoldboots Sun 04-Nov-12 17:15:30

Have you just been diagnosed pinot? Dd has endoscopy on Friday so might be in the same boat.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 17:23:35

Urgh. Long story - GP fucked up with the info he gave me, so I've been GF since March but not diagnosed as coeliac or whether it's "just" <bitter laugh> a gluten intolerance. I had an endoscopy last Thursday week but it was unclear so I have to go again. Horrid experience - hope your DD is OK. I gagged and puked and couldn't breathe - left me all swollen faced and bloodshot eyes sad Go for the sedative option if she gets it.

Ruddy horrible missing out on so much "normal" food and the GF options are either (a) dire or (b) expensive or (c) both dire and expensive.

That said, going GF has been a revelation - I feel so much better, more energy, better skin, no more aching back, no more tummy issues. So I'm very glad I'm off gluten, I just miss the cake smile

Toughasoldboots Sun 04-Nov-12 17:28:11

Sorry, auto changed it to has- she had it on Friday.
She had it under general , much less traumatic. Your experience sounds grim. We get results in two weeks I think.
Good to hear you are feeling better- I hear M&S do really nice GF cakes if you feel desperate .

alemci Sun 04-Nov-12 17:39:55

looked lovely but i just couldn't justify £60 in one go on myself. have bought some of their beauty boxes before and the things are lovely. i have so many bits and bobs to use up.

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 18:49:45

ooh under a general? I'll look into that. Thanks

Itsgottabebags Sun 04-Nov-12 19:24:13

There is a Ciate nail varnish one on the Selfridges site

Pinot Sun 04-Nov-12 19:30:49

and on the QVC site I think

puzzlepetal Sun 04-Nov-12 21:46:52

I ordered one too. Their Wedding box is great BTW, even though I got married years ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now